How far does your weight flucuate during the day?

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
The best way to weigh your self is straight out of bed in the morning. If your weigh your self in the day, during a workout, or at night then this is with water and food which would give you an innacurate reading.

Why is it innacurate? It seems like an accurate reading would be one where you do have food and water in you. Weighing yourself in the morning seems like cheating since you will normally have food and water in you throughout the day.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
there is no way you fluctuate 10 pounds every day. thats about 6% of your total body weight, you must be using 2 different scales or weighing in with clothes and without.

Yeah I know it seems ridiculous, but it's true, on the same scale generally in underwear. Most days it's 6-8, but somedays it is a full 10 lbs. I drink a ton of water everyday though, so that's probably where it all comes from.

LaFlavor

Established Member
there is no way you fluctuate 10 pounds every day. thats about 6% of your total body weight, you must be using 2 different scales or weighing in with clothes and without.

I was surprised by these too. In high school, if I didn't eat any dinner or drink anything, I could lose 8 lbs from before wrestling practice to weigh-ins the next morning. Keep in mind, this included a 2 hour workout in 3 layers of clothes at practice before another couple hours of cardio in 5 layers of clothes later in the evening. God, that sucked.

Also, make sure you guys are using decent scale. I have had scales before where I could change the weight by 4-5 lbs just by leaning all the way forwards or backwards.

Why is it innacurate? It seems like an accurate reading would be one where you do have food and water in you. Weighing yourself in the morning seems like cheating since you will normally have food and water in you throughout the day.

Generally when someone says to make sure you weight yourself at the same time every day (in the morning for example) they are talking about measuring weight loss...which isn't really what we're talking about here. He was more interested in consistency than accuracy, since really any of these times could give an accurate weight. It's not really the number on the scale that matters (unless you're making weight for something) it's the number compared to previous days' numbers.

scancion

Established Member

Its not cheating, it is the most accurate reading. This is when you are empty and wont give you a false reading. Weighing yourself full of water and food is inaccurate BECAUSE it will say different things through out the day. I mean you might as well weigh your self w/ clothes on if thats your logic. You could go and drink 2 gallons of water and gain 5 lbs and your saying that this is accurate? :??: Nope. Believe me the most accurate way to weigh your self is straight out of bed in the morning. Extra water and food will be gone in a few hours so why would you count that as actual body weight? This is the way trainers, body builders, etc.... get their actual weight.

KICKDOFFTHETOUR

Established Member
My body weight changes anywhere from 5-7lbs per day.

I weigh in anywhere from 151 in the morning to 157 at night. All depends on how much I did at the gym.

Users who are viewing this thread