How far does your weight flucuate during the day?

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Yeah it's an odd random question, but it's something I've been wondering about. I generally go from 162, give or take a few pounds, in the morning to 172 give or take right before I go to bed. What about yall?

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
I started a lean weight gain but last I checked, I've seen it go up 6lbs on a single day.

I weigh myself every morning at 6am...just before I goto bed and when I wake up at 4pm.

Went to bed at 195.7 and woke up at 192.4 today.

I do heavy weight lifting so I'm sure my body is burning through some energy during my sleeps. Also a lot of my weight is water weight. I drink 2+ gallons of water a day and the creatine holds onto it quite well.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I'm guessing that most of mine has to be water weight. 10 lbs is quite a bit of flucuation it seems though.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
If I didn't eat or drink anything for about 1/2 a day, i used to be able to flex almost 5 pounds in a day. Same went for if I just didn't eat in a day...i could easily lose 5lbs every day for almost a week. More recently i've discovered, it just doesn't come off like it used to when i was in my late teens. At 26, 5lbs takes starving yourself for almost 3 days WHILE working out. Funny how only 7 years and 20lbs makes that much of a difference!

oldmodman

Established Member
A long time ago I rode a bicycle marathon and lost 17 pounds in one day. And that was with drinking as much water during the ride as I could stand. It went from Death Valley to the top of the road at Mt. Whitney.

And I did crappy. This old guy beat me by over six hours. He was 72!

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
A long time ago I rode a bicycle marathon and lost 17 pounds in one day. And that was with drinking as much water during the ride as I could stand. It went from Death Valley to the top of the road at Mt. Whitney.

And I did crappy. This old guy beat me by over six hours. He was 72!

lol a couple of years ago me and my dad were doing our yearly one-day summit of Whitney and we ran into a couple of guys (in their 50's) who had just finished the Badwater Ultra marathon the day before. lol their idea of a "recuperation day" was doing a simple 21mile day hike. ****ing badass.

I guess running 135 miles in 120 degree heat wasn't enough.

jrock817

The Sandman
Established Member
Yeah it's an odd random question, but it's something I've been wondering about. I generally go from 162, give or take a few pounds, in the morning to 172 give or take right before I go to bed. What about yall?

there is no way you fluctuate 10 pounds every day. thats about 6% of your total body weight, you must be using 2 different scales or weighing in with clothes and without.

scancion

Established Member
The best way to weigh your self is straight out of bed in the morning. If your weigh your self in the day, during a workout, or at night then this is with water and food which would give you an innacurate reading.

Users who are viewing this thread