How fast are SSR's?

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
Ive never run one, but there is a young kid around town who gets daddy's SSR on weekends and likes to run his mouth. Question is can his truck back it up? What do you guys think? How would I do?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
5.7 or 6.0?

the 5.7's run mid to low 14's at like 10ish. I've seen them run that.

The newer ones a little faster. Maybe 103-4 mph?

Coiled03

Established Member
I dunno - I think they make my car at least 2 tenths faster. :shrug:

RollingDumpster

Established Member
If it has the early 5.3, (truck version of the LS GenIII engine series, but it was the ~300hp optional truck motor for that year with aluminum heads) you will beat him. The later LS2 trucks (available with the T56) are substantially quicker, will fare far better, but you should still win.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
^The LS2 ones were. IMO, if he has an LS2, depending on what tranny and driver skill, its gonna be close. If it is a 5.3, then it will be a massacre. I worked at a detail shop for a couple of years, and right after I got my Lightning a cocky SOB with a brand new 04 SSR came in. After seeing my truck he talked mad $hit, saying that "those things arent top dogs anymore":bored: Needles to say I put the tool in his place. I say you do the same to this prick.

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
It is and LS2 but its an auto. I know for a fact Im a better driver than he is. I just wanted to do a little research so I didnt put my foot in my mouth. Thanks guys. Ill let you know how it goes.

Last edited:

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
MattP 343 said:
I dont even know what an SSR is...

chevrolet_ssr.gif

200320Chevy20SSR20Convertible20Red2.gif

TMoney

Established Member
yes very very ugly. I don't even know how GM sold any of those.. Must be the blind buying them.

01tahoe

Established Member
hemislayer99 said:
It is and LS2 but its an auto. I know for a fact Im a better driver than he is. I just wanted to do a little research so I didnt put my foot in my mouth. Thanks guys. Ill let you know how it goes.
If they are both auto's, how are you a better driver?

rk_2000_Z/28

LS1 to SVT
Established Member
They are butt ugly! I'd like to take the design team behind the SSR and the HR and shove them off a large cliff! (and give the C6 design team a metal or something :-D )

Users who are viewing this thread