How hard is the install on the jpc kit?

Brad59

Established Member
I'm about to pick up an 11 or 12 gt most likely to do a turbo build with. Car will be stock short block automatic with a circle d. Jpc kit seems priced right and seems to have a better reputation than the edp kit around here. I just haven't seen much as far as ease of install or directions and how good they are. I've been messing with ls cars and don't know a ton about the coyotes that's why I'm looking for something pretty straight forward. Any opinions or anything? Goal will be very low 10's or high 9's on pump.

cummins4life

Established Member
9s on stock internals and pump gas..dam thats a fine line to ride there ( that would make me nervous ) beings that your staying on stock internals can i ask why turbo? vs other FI ?

Brad59

Established Member
9s on stock internals and pump gas..dam thats a fine line to ride there ( that would make me nervous ) beings that your staying on stock internals can i ask why turbo? vs other FI ?

To me turbo is the best of both worlds and I like the adjustability with a boost controller. Plus plenty of room to grow if I end up doing a short block down the road. E85 is not available where I'm at but I would most likely run meth. I'm talking squeaking into the 9's not deep. I'd be pretty happy with 10.20's or so on pump on stock internals to be honest.

Bgoins

Established Member
Not sure about the install but you might wanna look hard at CPR's kit. I believe it has a larger down pipe than JPC's kit and you can retain your front sway bar. Prices are comparable.

cummins4life

Established Member
from what i have researched i notice alot of complaints on the single turbo setups and stock internals ( cams etc ....) loosing power early in the rpm kinda flat lining instead of climbing all the way to redline ( compared to the twins kits available ) ? ever read anything about this ? just curious as well

Brad59

Established Member
Ive read about the edp kit falling on it's face at high rpm but I think they have that fixed. Seems that cpr is the best single kit and then jpc from my research. I thought about going front inlet whipple as well but not as much room to grow.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
PM me if you have any questions on the install.

It's fairly straight forward. Most time consuming thing is welding the drain bung in the oil pan

Brad59

Established Member
Will do aaron thanks. What do you recommend for fuel system for my goals? BAP and id1000's? I could always just add a little 109 at the track if it meant squeaking out a 9.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Typically a BAP and ID1000's will cover most peoples goals on a stock motor.

I recently did a stick shift car that made around 750 or so on MS109 with a stock motor so he could run a 9 second ET

Brad59

Established Member
Are the goals realistic Aaron? Seems to me like somewhere around 700 thru a auto with a circle d with a lightweight wheel and tire combo could get deep 10's. It'll either get welds or racestars most likely.

GBCoyote

Established Member
There's a few people that have dipped into the mid and upper 9s with E85 and MS109 with stock internals.

Fastnature

Established Member
I have done the install at home on jack stands. It is not that hard at all. As Aaron stated the drain bung the worst part of it. They have a directions that they can send you when you buy the kit. Read them first and take your time. Only thing I would suggest is have them replace the passenger side cold pipe with what they use on their race setup. The standard one makes the pipe extremely low to ground. I have already had to replace mine but I am on BMR springs. Also get a boost leash controller and do it at same time.

highpsi615

Established Member
Are the goals realistic Aaron? Seems to me like somewhere around 700 thru a auto with a circle d with a lightweight wheel and tire combo could get deep 10's. It'll either get welds or racestars most likely.

Brad, Im in Cordova and finishing up my single kit now. When you get enough posts to pm shoot me one and we can exchange info!-Steve

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member

Sorry i missed this post.

Yea it's a very realistic goal to have

highpsi615

Established Member
I went with the CPR kit. Its built like a brick shit house and has perfect fitment to the millimeter it seems. I'm about 16 hours total in it and just need to run the coolant hoses. Very drama free install if you have decent tools and knowledge. Dustin goes way above and beyond on install support and makes himself available nearly any time of the day.

turbo.JPG

highpsi615

Established Member
Brad, if youd like to get in touch search Facebook for Bluff City Mustangs and make a post. I'll see it and comment and we can exchange info.-Steve

Brad59

Established Member
Ok I'll do that. Car looks awesome man I love the color. I haven't seen it at the track but I look forward to seeing it make a pass.

highpsi615

Established Member
thanks. Traded my red 2011 for it because i had to have the deep impact blue. I quickly was over it and wish I had my red car back lol.

Users who are viewing this thread