How Limited on the GT 500?

Alphahunter

Automotive Connoisseur
Established Member
I keep reading different things. Is the GT 500 going to be a low # vehicle or are they going to make enough for everybody to have a chance at one with out all this crazy dealer mark up?

I hear after 2008 the mark up wont be so crazy?

Let me know!
Thanks!

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
They are making enough that it really isnt going to be that limited although I think that even the 08' model will be hard to come across at msrp. I'd guess in a year or so they'll be coming down to msrp or closer to it

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
there are about 200 related topics started on this particular subject every week. just sift through some past posts and you'll find the answer.

Alphahunter

Automotive Connoisseur
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
there are about 200 related topics started on this particular subject every week. just sift through some past posts and you'll find the answer.
Sorry, I suck. I couldnt find the info. Do you have a link?
Thanks buddy! ;-)

69b302

Established Member
7-10k cars for 2007 and the same is expected for 2008. A third year is also possible, but may not occur if the mustang gets redone in 2009. The 2008 are supposed to be the same as the 07, with more colors and stripe options. There is also rumor of an more limit(several hundred) higher horsepower version for 08.

Alphahunter

Automotive Connoisseur
Established Member
69b302 said:
7-10k cars for 2007 and the same is expected for 2008. A third year is also possible, but may not occur if the mustang gets redone in 2009. The 2008 are supposed to be the same as the 07, with more colors and stripe options. There is also rumor of an more limit(several hundred) higher horsepower version for 08.
Thanks. I just get aggravated with the dealer markups. I hope to get one next year.

The #'s these cars are putting out with the KB 2.8 is crazy!

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
69b302 said:

Cool, thanks for the info man. I can't wait to see what they do with the 2008's!

BelvedereGTX

Banned
Alphahunter said:
Sorry, I suck. I couldnt find the info. Do you have a link?
Thanks buddy! ;-)
I think that guy thinks he is mister shelby gt500 himself. Just ignore stuff like that on here. Somebody will chime in for you.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
03silversvt said:
I think that guy thinks he is mister shelby gt500 himself. Just ignore stuff like that on here. Somebody will chime in for you.

Actually it's something that's been discussed twice a week for the last six months! :rolleyes:

1bad04cobra

Established Member
It may be annoying to you but the ones asking are obviously not usually in this forum.I actually think it's great different people are starting to post here rather than the regulars.It's this sort of think that drives some away from here according to other posts i have read.I say show a little patients to make this a better place.Just a suggestion.:beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
1bad04cobra said:
It may be annoying to you but the ones asking are obviously not usually in this forum.I actually think it's great different people are starting to post here rather than the regulars.It's this sort of think that drives some away from here according to other posts i have read.I say show a little patients to make this a better place.Just a suggestion.:beer:

I have excercised more patience than you can possibly imagine modding this forum! :read:

Precisely why we have a "search" button! :idea:

I encourage anyone and everyone to come in here and join us reading the forum. :thumbsup:

IMHO calling Dave "Mr. GT500 himself" is uncalled for. Dave is one of the first and most experienced GT500 owners in here.

That question was no different than the others we're pretty tired of hearing about. In no particular order:

"This dealer is smoking crack, listen to this story":read:

"Salesman told me these are collector's items":shrug:

"Saw one on eBay":uh oh:

"I think a GT500 should weigh 3,200# and sell for $32,000" :rolleyes:

"Where can I find MSRP?" :cryying:

"Only the rich will own this car" :(

"ADM at $15K, I hate all Ford dealers":mj:

"Counted 80 Shelbys on ebay":nono:

"Is the GT500 a limited production vehicle like the salesman told me?":cuss:

"Dealer said their '07 allocation is spoken for" :whine:

"$10k ADM, I hate Ford":fm:

etc.......etc.................etc..............................etc.................

1bad04cobra

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I have excercised more patience than you can possibly imagine modding this forum! :read:

Precisely why we have a "search" button! :idea:

I encourage anyone and everyone to come in here and join us reading the forum. :thumbsup:

IMHO calling Dave "Mr. GT500 himself" is uncalled for. Dave is one of the first and most experienced GT500 owners in here.

That question was no different than the others we're pretty tired of hearing about. In no particular order:

"This dealer is smoking crack, listen to this story":read:

"Salesman told me these are collector's items":shrug:

"Saw one on eBay":uh oh:

"I think a GT500 should weigh 3,200# and sell for $32,000" :rolleyes:

"Where can I find MSRP?" :cryying:

"Only the rich will own this car" :(

"ADM at $15K, I hate all Ford dealers":mj:

"Counted 80 Shelbys on ebay":nono:

"Is the GT500 a limited production vehicle like the salesman told me?":cuss:

"Dealer said their '07 allocation is spoken for" :whine:

"$10k ADM, I hate Ford":fm:

etc.......etc.................etc..............................etc.................
I'm just saying answering the question that some people don't know is pretty painless and fast.He said he couldn't find the answer and someone told him..done!The other things your talking about are a real concern to non-gt500 owners.I know it's repetative-sp? but many off the issues are what people would like to vent about,debate or discuss,especially as time and prices change.I don't agree at name calling either but maybe he perceived the answer as not very helpful.This is an open discussion and not all people know what you know.If it's not then maybe update the "read before you post" section to "owners only" or "list of all subjects not to be talked about".It's probobly just as annoying to people getting the rolling eyes,crying,read,idea cartoons as it is to you looking at the questions.You say you welcome people so make them feel welcome thats all:shrug:

Alphahunter

Automotive Connoisseur
Established Member
Hate that this happened. Thanks for all of those that cared to respond or stand up for what they feel. In my opinion if you take the time to read someone’s post and you take the time to respond with a (This is a repost, Check the Search, ect,ect) then you have the time to answer the question being asked. Hell, the search button doesn’t always give you what you want. We all love cars, that’s why we get on here. So like Rodney King said” Can’t we all just get along?" LOL!
Take care guys. The wife is calling! "It's been a honey do weekend!" LOL!
PS
I just cant wait to get a GT 500 so I can get on here and brag about it! ;)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Chad:

It's not a problem at all. Sometimes, one thing leads to the next in these threads and before you know it everyone forgets what the subject actually was.

There is plenty of information in the forum regarding how many are being made. Approximately 10k a year for 2 years with a 3rd year as an option depending on the next redesign of the Mustang.

There are lots of people chomping at the bit for this car because of the awesome initial performance we've seen in it's infancy. I can assure you, it will be worth the wait.

Enjoy the forum!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Alphahunter

Automotive Connoisseur
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Chad:

It's not a problem at all. Sometimes, one thing leads to the next in these threads and before you know it everyone forgets what the subject actually was.

There is plenty of information in the forum regarding how many are being made. Approximately 10k a year for 2 years with a 3rd year as an option depending on the next redesign of the Mustang.

There are lots of people chomping at the bit for this car because of the awesome initial performance we've seen in it's infancy. I can assure you, it will be worth the wait.

Enjoy the forum!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Thanks Bruce! Reading about the GT 500 is a real treat. The #'s they are putting out with mods are very impressive. Gets a grown man all excited!

Take care!

yes there will be a 2008 shelby GT500,for 2009. It's a matter of renegociating a contract again with Mr. Carol Shelby.His current contract is for 2-years,unless it's revised,and Ford doesn't release the new body style in 2009. If ford does release a new body style,you never know maybe Mr. Carol Shelby will negociate a new contract with Ford.I hope they do a new contract for more shelbys to be produced providing that Mr. Shelby health is still in fantastic condition,being in his 90s i believe you never know at that age. But he looks great for what he's been through in his years,with his Heart Condition. Well soon find out I think.

Users who are viewing this thread