How long are your Billetflow ilders lasting?

davbrucas

Banned
For what I paid for these pullies you would think that they would last longer than 20k miles. All of my idlers have 3-4mm grooves in them the width of the belt. Is this the norm for these things? :??: With that said, anybody have any for sale without grooves?

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
I've had to replace a bearing in one of mine, and now another one is bent, in turn, trying to throw the belt off....looks like it's time for a complete new set, which I can't afford.

-Mike

svtnos1011

STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD
Established Member
Sonik Blur said:
I've had to replace a bearing in one of mine, and now another one is bent, in turn, trying to throw the belt off....looks like it's time for a complete new set, which I can't afford.

-Mike
:eek:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Unfortunately, other than ordering the hard anodized ones, which dont come in the cool colors, the grooves are a common problem that you get with wear and there is nothing that can be done to fix it.

MikeW

Established Member
Knock on wood my black ones dont have the groves... however I get a humm when I 1st start the car like one is making noise :shrug:

Get the hard anodized set :beer:

redline

Established Member
i sent all 3 of mine off today to have new bearings installed i did not know which one was making the noise so they all went in .

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
You can buy replacement bearings at any REAL auto parts store for less than $10 each......No need to send them out!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Billetflow can make the hard anodized units upon request. They're normally not offered because they don't sell...the pretty colors do...but as you've found out durability is slightly limited.

BF can do the hard anod. units and Metco offers their pulleys hard anodized as standard-issue.

MikeW

Established Member
03 TOPLESSSVT said:
You can buy replacement bearings at any REAL auto parts store for less than $10 each......No need to send them out!

Part number?

I dont mind changing them all at once and every few thousand miles if needed.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
mblgjr said:
Billetflow can make the hard anodized units upon request. They're normally not offered because they don't sell...the pretty colors do...but as you've found out durability is slightly limited.

BF can do the hard anod. units and Metco offers their pulleys hard anodized as standard-issue.
Spot on. Funny, but from day 1 it seems most looking for pullies and idlers are more interested in color than surface durability. Personally I'd choose durability over color. And I would only choose Billetflow or Metco.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Had my BilletFlow pullies for 25,000-30,000 miles now. No problems. Much better than the stock ones which failed twice before I replaced them with BilletFlow.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
44k miles on the stockers with no problems.

Have one Metco auxiliary idler that looks great, will eventually replace the stockers with them.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I have the hard anodized black ones. I think they look good without the colors - my opinion.

SpectorV

Established Member
do the silver ones (just clear coated) show any grooves at all... i may go silver to prevent grooves from showing if they dont in that color.

davbrucas

Banned
Mine are the silver ones...I guess I will get the hard anodized ones next. My belt came apart a while back and cut a hole in one of hte hoses to the intercooler reservoir and it burned up my pump. Looks like I need to replace a few things on my car. Whats crazy is my car was hit in the parking garage at work which caused minor scrapes on the right rear, the problem with the idlers, someone backed into me at the gas station the other day and tore up my headlight, hood, bumper and quarter panel, the IC pump...all in a month...what next? :(

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I have massive grooves in mine. I left a message for Doug two weeks ago and never heard back. I should give him a call again. This is my second set that has failed with these grooves.

Edit-...Just bought the harder black ones. Doug explained to me the difference in hardness, and it makes sense.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread