how long do NITTO DRs last

cbrtrx

Established Member
just wondering how long you guys are getting out of the nitto drag radials and how hard are you driving them?

cobra101

Established Member
I am pretty hard on the tires. I also do NOT do allot of highways miles. So most of my drving is around town. I accelerate hard but usually do not break traction.

I got 6700 miles on the stock eagles by which time the steel belts were hanging out real bad.

I got 8,000 miles on the first set of nitto's I had. That was with the same style drving as the eagles but with 5 power brake smoke shows at the track.

I have about 1200 miles on my current and second set of nitto's. i do NOT plan on heating them up at the track and am hoping they will last 9,000 miles plus.

I would think with a tame driving style and some highway miles instead of all city, you could get 15,000 miles out of them.

Hope this helps ya :)

cbrtrx

Established Member
cobra101, you got 6700 miles on stock tires, did you rotate them? i drive pretty hard and got 13000 on stock tires but rotated 3 times, i need new tires and was thinking of dr's but i need to get more than 6k out of them or its not worth it for me, thanks for your reply

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
If its just for track use....you should see 40+ runs with them.

40 or so 2nd gear burn outs and all the trips down the 1320'.
By the 25th time you do a burn out...you will see the wear bar.

Ricks2003Cobra

Established Member
I change mine every 6 months whether they need it or not and they always need it. That equates to about 5000 miles with track use about once a week. After that they are still good for the track but start getting squirrley on the street when damp. And it gets wet here in Florida!

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by cbrtrx
cobra101, you got 6700 miles on stock tires, did you rotate them? i drive pretty hard and got 13000 on stock tires but rotated 3 times, i need new tires and was thinking of dr's but i need to get more than 6k out of them or its not worth it for me, thanks for your reply

My stock F1s lasted 6k miles and I don't rotate high performance tires are recommend against it. My Nitto 555R 315s lasted 1 year and almost 8k miles. If you think it is not worth it if the tires only last 6k miles remember that the DRs are about half the price of a high performance street tire. They are a much better bang for the buck IMO.

Brucealeg

Established Member
How long do the reg 555 last? Is the traction on the 555R that much better then normal ones? Nittos site doesn't list a tracktion diffrence between the two, but there has to be.

Bruce

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Brucealeg
How long do the reg 555 last? Is the traction on the 555R that much better then normal ones? Nittos site doesn't list a tracktion diffrence between the two, but there has to be.

Bruce

The 555 and 555R are completely different tires. The 555R and 555RII are very similar, but both have the same tread rating. The 555RII are good for the front and the 555R are good for the rear.

Brucealeg

Established Member
Toofast,
Yea, I know. Just trying to get an idea of the diffrence. It's my understanding that the 555 are street tires with good traction and long life. Where as the 555r are for street / racing maybe?? and have a shorter life.?

Do I have it right or am I wrong? If right, should the 555 offer average tire life for a street tire?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
From what I have heard and read the Nitto 555 tires are not a good tire. The only tires I have heard good things about are the 555R and 555RII.

Brucealeg

Established Member
Does anyone know what the wet performance on Nitto 555DR are?? We get a lot of rain in Florida.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread