how long do NITTO DRs last

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
my stock 03 gt tires are beat 36,000 miles of hard driving, and many many many many burnouts. i do alot of highway driving.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Brucealeg
Does anyone know what the wet performance on Nitto 555DR are?? We get a lot of rain in Florida.

IMO they were no worse then any other high performance tire I have used. I wouldn't drive over 70 mph on them, but I don't drive faster then that in the rain. I ran my 315 555R on the stock rim at 26psi and had even tire wear through the entire life. My set had great traction until they hit the wear indicators and then they lost a substantial amount of traction. I have heard the opposite experience from others and I don't know why.

Brucealeg

Established Member
Thanks again Toofast. Last question. Would you say the wet performance is at least better then the stock F1?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Brucealeg
Thanks again Toofast. Last question. Would you say the wet performance is at least better then the stock F1?

I would say the same. I drove a solid axle 95 Cobra that was deadly in the rain so from my experience the stock F1s and 555Rs have good wet weather performance. Somebody coming from SUVs or something else might have a completely different opinion. Remember opinions are based of somebody's experiences and my experience is not to expect to much from a high performance car with high performance tires.

Brucealeg

Established Member
Gotcha,
I don't know if GS-D3s are "performance tires", but they have very high wet ratings. So I thought, hey maybe the Nittos don't completly suck.

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread