How many 96-98 Cobras left on the road?

Bright Blue Cob

Established Member
I was just wondering how many 96-98 Cobras there are left on the road. Does anyone have a reputable figure on how many are left? I was wondering if 10 or 20 % attrition rate for them would be correct.35,240 is the production number I have for the 96-98 Cobra.

downloads031.jpg

Last edited:

prototypepariah

Established Member
Total conjecture, but I bet it's more like 30% are off the road. Between accidents, mileage, people just writing them off from little fender benders or what not.

For everyone on this site that babies and nurtures their mustang, I bet 5 people have/had a cobra and treated like a civic.

Noreast

Established Member
Mine use to be my daily driver, now its a work in progress that gets driving as much as i can. Best feeling is being behind the wheel of that car !

blubyu87gt

Established Member
Just drove my 169k mile Mystic close to cross country (Charleston to Salt lake). A/C blazing, trunk and back and passenger seat full of crap. Still got 20 something mpg! Been using it as a daily driver since too.

46c4c234-d1ac-eb8c.jpg

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
Mine was on the road until last Friday, then flash flooding claimed her. Now the cobra is about to become a track whore. That's something else to consider too, how many cobras are now just track cars.

00_silvergt

Established Member
My 97 cobra is a daily driver now. But i live 2 miles away from work. So that helps me keep the miles down. It has 88,400 miles right now. And bought it with 86,300 almost 19 months ago.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I wonder how many black ones are left.. with good paint lol

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I still see several clean (and a few not-so-clean) SN95 Cobras running around in my area. A more interesting statistic would be how many V6/GT Fauxbras are running around, I seem to see just as many of those...:rollseyes

Bright Blue Cob

Established Member
I still see several clean (and a few not-so-clean) SN95 Cobras running around in my area. A more interesting statistic would be how many V6/GT Fauxbras are running around, I seem to see just as many of those...:rollseyes

Good point, I have had to check the VIN to make sure some have been real!

phinhead34

Established Member
I sold mine about a year ago. The clear coat on the original paint was not great and I had it repainted. It had a bad rod bearing and was being rebuilt by new owner. It was in great shape. I see quite a few around my area.

97_TXCobra

Established Member
my black on black 97 is still going with 103,100 on it and i use her as a dd. paint is still in good shape but could use a touch up

slimcobra

Established Member
My 97 is on the road but it is so rusted it really needs someone who could pull it all apart and bring it back up. Looking to sell it and pick up a 98 off of craiglist I've been watching.

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
well I have 3, 2 98's with 153k, and 100k, and a 97 with 23k miles, 1 is turbo, other is a daily driver for sale and last a road race supercharged car.

Users who are viewing this thread