How many 96-98 Cobras left on the road?

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
I'm the 1 or 2 sn95 cobra in my town. The other one is a yellow vert the the kid ran into the ground. There is another white vert for sale at a dealer, they want 15,000$ for it with 20k on it

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
Theres not many in northeast PA, road salt claims most mustangs that were winter driven.

It's called taking care of a car... Mines winter driven and I wash it ever week even the undercarriage to get the salt off and a good wax and paint protection will keep the salt from pitting the paint. But not a lot of people takes care of their cars so cars get niglected and fall apart.

Last edited:

Boss 327

All Motor
Established Member
My 97 #5367 is still kickin.

IMG_0460-1.jpg

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Can't remember the last time I saw an SN95 'vert, so either people have 'em stashed away or there aren't too many around that are still roadworthy. Would love to have a stock, low-mile, triple black 'vert to match my coupe, so hopefully there are some decent examples left once the truck's paid off.

There was a red 98 vert in my town about 2 weeks ago. Had a 99 gt motor swap since they blew up the 4v and I guess didn't wanna deal with it. There was also a crystal white 98 vert for sale with 20" not long ago at a car lot here

Bright Blue Cob

Established Member
Can't remember the last time I saw an SN95 'vert, so either people have 'em stashed away or there aren't too many around that are still roadworthy. Would love to have a stock, low-mile, triple black 'vert to match my coupe, so hopefully there are some decent examples left once the truck's paid off.
I had a chance at a vert with the removable hardtop(black only and only about 500 or so made) many moons ago but could not come up with the bucks in time. I comes with a dolly to put the top on for storage, the best of both worlds.The Indy pace car vert is pretty cool to.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Mine was on the road until last Friday, then flash flooding claimed her. Now the cobra is about to become a track whore. That's something else to consider too, how many cobras are now just track cars.

WHat flash flooding did you have in Arlington? I'm over near Rockville area and can't remember any big storms lately

SVT CAMR

Established Member
hey svt camr nice car man how do you get the engine that clean. mines clean but uk theres some dust and dirt powerwash?
I think I have only power washed the engine 3 times since new. I just keep wiping it down every time I wash it. It is not a daily driver never sees rain or snow. Also every year it gets put up on stands and the entire underside of the car gets wiped down. Inside is clean too.

Last edited:

SVT Rob

Established Member
I picked mine up 8/4/12, and I drive it every day. I've put almost 2k miles on it, since I picked it up. I'll take a picture of the 150,000 on the odometer today on the way to work.

100_4239.jpg

100_3927.jpg

100_6414.jpg

mysteed

Established Member
I picked mine up 8/4/12, and I drive it every day. I've put almost 2k miles on it, since I picked it up. I'll take a picture of the 150,000 on the odometer today on the way to work.

100_4239.jpg

100_3927.jpg

100_6414.jpg
Now that is a 98 CY I'd love to have, it looks like it doesn't have anywhere close to that mileage.

SVT Rob

Established Member
Now that is a 98 CY I'd love to have, it looks like it doesn't have anywhere close to that mileage.

Thanks!! It shows its age, if you get up close, but I'm pretty picky. Unfortunately, this was a bucket list car, for me, so I couldn't say no. I think I overpaid a little for it, @ $6800, but I had to have it. It had the Eibachs on it, when I got it, '95 Cobra R's (authentic R58's) with new tires in the back and bad tires in the front, and a new top about a year ago. Other than that, it was stock. PO used Royal Purple, and it's due for an oil change now that I've had it.

I added the Pro 5.0 shifter, '03 Cobra shift knob, 18x9/10 FR500's from my Capri that's currently down for overhaul, and I added the COBRA black vinyl letters to the rear bumper along with painting the lower section of the rear bumper black. And I added a DiabloSport Predator canned 93 Octane tune.

I've always wanted this chrome yellow w/ black top and interior since they came out in '98, when this one popped up on CL, I told my wife I was going over budget. :rockon:

mustangsvt281

Established Member
i have had mine since 6/10. bought it for 7k with 6X,XXX miles on it. I use it as a DD right now, but im gathering parts for an eaton swap.

bea132e2.jpg

Picture of the eaton swap progress
b479d15a.jpg

Last edited:

samshady

Established Member
Bought mine almost 2 months ago 98 #4396 black on black had 119k on the odometer I daily drive it and love it. I thought about having it repainted but think I will leave it as is for DD and maybe get an 03-04 terminator for weekend driving.

Cursed_9d8

Established Member
I use my white '98 as my gas champ for my 60 mile commute to work. Average 29 mpg when I'm nice to it...but that's rare. 56,xxx on the ticker.

out99sider

Established Member
Still alive and kicking here, bought her 10 years ago when I was 15 at 102K, now she has 156K but she has been retired to occasional driver status at maybe 30 miles a week. Did engine swap to another 97 engine with only 60K on it. Wish I had a garage for her but California Car Cover is good enough for time being. After upgrading literally everything on this car, its hard to justify letting her go.

Here are some links to my Mystic:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/sn95-cobras-24/867724-quick-shots-my-mystic.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...terior-update-iphone-hookup-console-swap.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...o-evo-leather-seats-installed-w-backseat.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread