How many have the "Hellion Beast" kit?

Janstang

Established Member
Those are sweet what about the belt?
I've relocated the alternator to the bottom on the driverside and it runs a shorter belt now. Haven't put it on yet in the pic. When I talked to MMR a couple of times while they were being made it sounded like they had an outside source doing these for them. It took them more time to get them done than I would have liked, but I'm happy with the finished piece.

C666

Established Member
Nice did you also have to relocate the oil filter? How much were they 1500? Stainless?

The only thing I see that might be an issue is the WG placement the exaust is being forced straight up to the turbo and you are asking it to make a 180 U turn down then 90 out...

We did it this exact same way and could not control boost she spiked to 42psi and made 9psi with the WG removed and even with a cut soft spring in the WG she made 35psi...

This was a 44 hopefully your tubing for the WG and WG are bigger

Last edited:

Janstang

Established Member
I've had the oil filter relocated for awhile, so that minimized any clearance issues. Stainless piping, IIRC the price was around $2000-$2500. How big was your crossover piping that it was creating the boost surge issues? I'm going to start out at 20psi and see what it makes.

C666

Established Member
My crossover is 2.5" we had the WG placed exacly like yours when we had problems it was an expensive mistake I dont recall the size pipe we used to the WG I think 1 and 7/8ths maybe.... Now it is 90deg to the side just below the t6 flange to a 60mm a little over kill and its still not ideal placement but it works well.

t01lightning

Established Member
Wats dat?

img1791tc.jpg

Thats exactly what I want what sze is it secure and how did you mold or fit it. Clean setup, love the cupholder gauge. Someone would make alot of money to make one as most cupholders are similar size.

Janstang

Established Member
My crossover is 2.5" we had the WG placed exacly like yours when we had problems it was an expensive mistake I dont recall the size pipe we used to the WG I think 1 and 7/8ths maybe.... Now it is 90deg to the side just below the t6 flange to a 60mm a little over kill and its still not ideal placement but it works well.
Thanks for the info.. I'll have to get the tape measure out and check the size on the WG pipe, can't recall what size it is. As far as the trans temp gauge goes. I drilled 3 holes in the bottom of the cupholder. One for your wiring, and two for the studs that are on the back of the gauge. Next take a set of nuts and thread one on each stud and lay it in the cupholder hole and adjust the nuts to get the gauge level and at the correct height you want it sitting in the cupholder hole. Once you have that set add another set of nuts/washers to the backside of the cupholder, effectively securing everything in place. Measuring across the top of the gauge looking down at it in the cupholder I'm showing 2 7/8in edge to edge. Make sure the gauge you are going to use has the two mounting studs on the back.

ZACH'S97

Established Member
My friend had a precision wastegate on his pt88 408 camaro that came off at an angle not even quite that bad and he made 27psi on a 9lb spring. That was stopping the pull way early a's boost was still climbing. Pretty scary especially considering pump gas and methanol. I'd strongly suggest changing that just to be safe.

Janstang

Established Member
If it becomes an issue I'll probably mount two WG's(one for each bank)on the crossover pipe prior to them taking their upward turn.

Janstang

Established Member
After measuring everything its pretty much identical to yours. Sooooo, I think I'll chop that current WG at the merge pipe and cap it off and do twin 44's(one for each bank basically). Anyone see any issues with that? Thanks again to everyone who's chimed in on this. Could have been a very spendy way to find out it wasn't working effectively.

ZACH'S97

Established Member
Good idea. Two 44's should work fine. Heck 38's might be fine. The main thing is have the exhaust tubing to the gate large enough and making the transition as smooth as possible.

C666

Established Member
After measuring everything its pretty much identical to yours. Sooooo, I think I'll chop that current WG at the merge pipe and cap it off and do twin 44's(one for each bank basically). Anyone see any issues with that? Thanks again to everyone who's chimed in on this. Could have been a very spendy way to find out it wasn't working effectively.

Twin 38's are more then enough I was going to do twin tial 38's but did the one 60 which is overkill a 50 would have been fine, the class I want to run does not allow a boost controller so I thought 1 WG would be better for adjustment simplicity... I still have a brand new tial 38 if you want to save a little coin If I remember right they are only 240 shipped if you do them at the turns you will have complete control, we ran 2 38's not in great locations on the stock hellion hotside for years 30psi and even n20 for spool w no problems

I will snap a pic of my 60

Janstang

Established Member
I've got a guy locally with another V44 he'll sell me for cheap, so I just have to figure out what I have for room to mount them. I've removed ABS, P/s etc.. so there shouldn't be too many issues with that.

Users who are viewing this thread