How many have the "Hellion Beast" kit?

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
How many out there have ran, seen, or used this kit before? Whats your opinions of it?

It seems to be a rare setup, I can find anything on it.

webleedorange61

GO HORNS!!
Established Member
Seems like a good kit. If I was going turbo I would want a turbo capable of 900hp+ and i dont see the 76 getting to 900+. 88mm would be perfect imo. And your right hardly anybody has a big single blower.

vulture

Established Member
Universal 76-HPS-HF .96a/r, 1160hp, Ball Bearing H Cover (Billet Wheel) = Precision turbo

TRBO VNM

they don't really offer it anymore. you can still do it, but it is your responsibility to do the downpipe back to catback. Buster has gone the furthest with his, but he has been pretty damn extreme and has gone 8's.

if you are auto, then it is worth it, if not auto, why?

webleedorange61

GO HORNS!!
Established Member
my plans for the future are a single big turbo 88mm or bigger, with a manual valve body trans and be able to go 9.50's or faster on all boost. This kit is prolly my best bet. Anybody have pictures oh a big single turbo setup? All the pics i find are with out the DP.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
they don't really offer it anymore. you can still do it, but it is your responsibility to do the downpipe back to catback. Buster has gone the furthest with his, but he has been pretty damn extreme and has gone 8's.

if you are auto, then it is worth it, if not auto, why?

Anyone know who owns Busters car now? He sold it to someone in Vegas but I've not heard anything about it recently.

He was making something like 1004 at the wheels and the best time I heard was an 8.95.

TRBO VNM

not sure Steve. I didn't know he even sold it. it would get on the other site occassionally and post up info of what he was doing and then not come back for months.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
my plans for the future are a single big turbo 88mm or bigger, with a manual valve body trans and be able to go 9.50's or faster on all boost. This kit is prolly my best bet. Anybody have pictures oh a big single turbo setup? All the pics i find are with out the DP.

You can go 9.50s on a much smaller turbo on boost all day long if you do it right. If your goals are 9.50s then dont even think about the 88 or bigger, there is no need.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
not sure Steve. I didn't know he even sold it. it would get on the other site occassionally and post up info of what he was doing and then not come back for months.

Oddly enough I spoke to Buster today, his Terminator is still running strong with the new owner. It's now got over 50 passes on the 100% stock reman Ford motor running high 8's and low 9's :burnout:

Buster has apparently picked up a new toy, another low 9 second Cobra but I'll leave the details to him :beer:

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
I do believe Janstang runs the 88mm on his Hellion Cobra. Id hit him up.

11414921bx0.jpg

11414941ck5.jpg

11414931xs6.jpg

91Man

Established Member
Just joined site and was searching and saw this thread. I know its old but thought id bring it back since I have a 03 cobra with a 91mm beast kit on it. Just got done with a pump gas tune at 15psi and it put down 600hp 497tq through auto on a mustang dyno. Not great #'s but it pulls a lot harder then my 130mph turbo fox and when i asked tuner how it felt to him after driving he said it feels like a solid 140mph car. Tracks are all closed till spring so no times yet. Turbo works great for me on the street from a dig. I can floor it from a stop and car just goes all traction in 1st gear "couple psi boost" then hit second and spins shift 3rd ALL traction and in a couple seconds over 140mph. Or i can brake boost it for 3 seconds and spin 1st 2nd 3rd to 140mph and do as long of a burnout as im brave enough to do. I do agree a auto is a MUST for this size turbo on one of these cars. The pump gas tune was getting feet wet with this car as i really want a car to take out liter bikes so in my NEAR future it is going back for a all out C16 tune. Look forward to all the knowledge this site has to offer thx

Last edited:

95snake03

Established Member
88mm in its efficiency range makes for a 160+mph car and mid 8's. Unless your doing that you havent reached the potential with your setup

Users who are viewing this thread