How many members own or ordered an ecoboost?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Thinking about it, but no place to store a 2nd car right now. Whenever I get a house with a driveway, I'd like to pick one up.

matt5058

Established Member
I'm also interested in hearing who will order an Ecoboost, especially out of people who already own a V8 Mustang. I was thinking that it would be pretty cool as a second fun car, that's a bit more fuel efficient and "different", to own an Ecoboost in addition to a 5.0 or some other GT variation.

Kind of unrelated but I'm also interested in seeing if the availability of a 4 cylinder, Turbo Mustang, will cause any of the import crowd to take a look at Mustangs instead of cars with similar numbers, like the WRX/STI, EVO, Z cars, etc.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I'm also interested in hearing who will order an Ecoboost, especially out of people who already own a V8 Mustang. I was thinking that it would be pretty cool as a second fun car, that's a bit more fuel efficient and "different", to own an Ecoboost in addition to a 5.0 or some other GT variation.

Kind of unrelated but I'm also interested in seeing if the availability of a 4 cylinder, Turbo Mustang, will cause any of the import crowd to take a look at Mustangs instead of cars with similar numbers, like the WRX/STI, EVO, Z cars, etc.

I'm not sure it will take from the evo/sti crowd but I imagine the BRZ/FRS guys will be interested in it.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Import guys have no higher power RWD platforms. I think the mustang will draw a few more of those guys than people expect.

matt5058

Established Member
Import guys have no higher power RWD platforms. I think the mustang will draw a few more of those guys than people expect.

Yeah this is kind of what I was thinking. They can still take satisfaction in modding a solid car with a smaller engine + forced induction, and have the joy of rear wheel drive + all of the massive aftermarket support available to Mustangs. Obviously some of the more diehard import fans won't be swayed but I think it's a good crossover platform that will open up Mustangs to a new demographic of tuners and enthusiasts.

Last edited:

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Yeah this is kind of what I was thinking. They can still take satisfaction in modding a solid car with a smaller engine + forced induction, and have to joy of rear wheel drive + all of the massive aftermarket support available to Mustangs. Obviously some of the more diehard import fans won't be swayed but I think it's a good crossover platform that will open up Mustangs to a new demographic of tuners and enthusiasts.

I 100% agree. There is a local "import" shop that took delivery 2 weeks ago and has already designed downpipe, intake, BOV, etc. I must say, it sounds pretty nasty when the BOV pops!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm a vendor but very excited as a car person to have an ecoboost showing up in 10 days. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417300926.002471.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread