Votes: 17 4.9%
  • 20,000 + miles

Votes: 27 7.8%

• Total voters

bond99

Established Member
19,500-one rotation-and one voided powertrain warantee

moral?

don't any of you go in for service on your tanny w/low tread-or you may be in for a surprise

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Dont forget not to go in without a fresh set of plugs you never know what they will say for deposits on the plugs more warrenty voiding

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Right rear is completely bald now, left rear is about 3/32. Fronts are deep.

I can't seem to get away from Goodyear. If somebody can give me a firm offer on the other 2 Goodyears that are on the front of this car for $100 each, about 7500 miles on the front only...I'll trash the rear two, sell the fronts, get some Michelins and call it even. This most likely will cure all my vibration issues...

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I've got 4500 miles and can tell the backs are wearing faster, but they still look good. By the way, how the hell can I do a burnout with all the wheel hop?

Nevermind about the wheel hop, guess it only happens where traction is starting to form. Just went for a ride. :lol:

Last edited:

capnlbj

Beam Me Up Scotty!
Established Member
6900 miles and mine look fine. BTW my front bumper valance was replaced recently, 'cause I can't stand scratches, but the dealer scraped up the new one nicely last week on a parking block. So they get to pay for a new one! We'll see how long it lasts.

KingKobra

Established Member
14000K miles.. I was at the garage this morning getting my oil changed... guy said, "Nice slicks you got there... "

I went underneath and the insides of my rears have little but a small reminder of tread...

I swear, I didn't do it! Ok, I did, and it was fun, but this 1000 for 4 new tires is not too fun... nevermind, yes it is. :beer:

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
I got just over 20k on mine before I got a screw in one which couldn't be repaired. I replaced them with Continential ContiExtremeContat's. 275-40R17s from tirerack for around $130 per tire. They are all-seasons. They have been good so far. It's been too cold to give them a good run.

--Matt

cobraGABE

Will work for Mods
Established Member
I have 12,000 on mine with plenty of tread left. I don't do burnouts b/c I don't want to buy tires once a year. :) I got 19K on my F1's on my 01 GT before I had to have them replaced.

ArtMan

Established Member
750 Miles and ya know, a couple of my f1s already aren’t lookin’ so healthy. Called my local SVT dealer to inquire.:shrug:

called TSB: 0-60, Forward Lateral Rotational Wheel Motion To Forward Lateral Vehicle Motion Ratio Control Module Malfunction. It’s all good though, it can be fixed under warranty. But, it has to be performed every time you get in and drive it. The Fix is referred to as: KEEPIN’ YOUR DAMN FOOT OUT OF IT.:D

Think I’m going to pass on this one.:dw:

ArtMan:rolling:

Fast Willy

Established Member
I have my F1's still on my car right now, but I plan on getting a set of nittos for the back asap. I will end up leaving the f1's on the seeing that they are a good road tire. :banana:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
10,000 miles, lotsa tread, rotated every 3k miles. However, all I do is roll the tires, not really in a habit of running around doing burnouts.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
03ShadowCobra said:
I just rotated at 5k, now the fronts are probably 80% worn. In this freezing weather the tires will break loose easly in third. I have to drive with the traction control on all the time, other wise I would probably need 4 new tires by now. On that note anyone ever herd of these...
yo_avs_es_100.jpg

Yokohama AVS ES100, tire rack has them for $121 each.

I bought the ES100s the other week because my tires were bald and that was the best thing anyone had in stock short of $300 a piece michelins. They seam better than the stock eagles and for the price I can't complain. BTW, I got about 14,000 miles out of my eagles. If I hadn't gotten stuck in the snow and spun them till they were bald, they would have lasted longer. The fronts still had alot of tread life left. I even did a few huge burnouts with them in the past and never bothered to rotate.

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: 12,000 miles and about 50% worn Rotated 4 times.Try not to wheel hop, and don't spin the tires much.

Users who are viewing this thread