How many Mystic Chrome owners Daily drive their cars.

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
I fail to see the reasoning behind paying all that money for a nice car such as the Mysti, and just letting it sit in the garage all day just gawking at it. Screw that, drive that ****er, have some fun and kick some ass!

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
I fail to see the reasoning behind driving a car every day that has a super stiff clutch, has no traction in the rain, whose paint chips off if you look at it sideways, and gets 12mpg, when gas prices are over $2 per gallon.

Guess we all have different "reasoning", eh? In 10 years, I'll have 50,000 miles on mine, while those that were daily driven are sitting in junk yards.

Last edited:

MTI LS1

Originally posted by AtomHeart
I fail to see the reasoning behind driving a car every day that has a super stiff clutch, has no traction in the rain, whose paint chips off if you look at it sideways, and gets 12mpg, when gas prices are over $2 per gallon.

Guess we all have different "reasoning", eh? In 10 years, I'll have 50,000 miles on mine, while those that were daily driven are sitting in junk yards.

B/C it has 400HP and costs 305K.

Chameleon

Established Member
Originally posted by AtomHeart

I think a lot would depend upon where you live and what type of driving you do.

I live in So Cal, we average 9" per rain per YEAR. Rain isn't an issue.

The clutch is stiff, I'll give you that. Luckily I don't need to drive during rush hour traffic much. If I had to commute in rush hour traffic daily then it would probably be a different story.

I've been averaging 18 to 20 mpg but I admit that I am very easy on the car. I jump on it when I want to and cruise the rest of the time. There are so many Cops in So Cal it's too easy to get a ticket.

I think the important thing is that you enjoy your car how you want to... what ever that may be.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
I must have a stong leg, or a weak clutch. I never noticed it being hard to push in.

I didn't buy mine for a daily driver, nor the stang before this one, or the stang before that one.

Makes it that much more enjoyable when you do break it out, IMO.

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
To each their own!!! As long as everyone is happy to own a Mystichrome Cobra...then driven a lot or very little doesn't really matter!!! As long as when you do drive it...you drive it like you stole it!!!

~ Fresh :burnout: :coolman: :beer:

Mystichrome

Spoiler Delete
Established Member
I drive mine as much as I can, I see no reason not to paint is paint no big deal very easy to match no different to apply

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
And only costs about 6 times what normal paint costs.

I'd like to avoid repainting every 3 years if possible.

davidmax

Established Member
Its a car drive it.Now that the Stang is track only,I drve my Ferrari 575Maranello daily or my Chevrolet stripper Silverado,which goes with cam/heads/Magnason inter cooled blower/20" wheels and Falken tires,Borla exhaust and thats it for now that little 5.3 will scream down the 1/4 in hi 12's low 13's good for a grocery getter.David Smilovic

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
Originally posted by davidmax
Its a car drive it.Now that the Stang is track only,I drve my Ferrari 575Maranello daily or my Chevrolet stripper Silverado,which goes with cam/heads/Magnason inter cooled blower/20" wheels and Falken tires,Borla exhaust and thats it for now that little 5.3 will scream down the 1/4 in hi 12's low 13's good for a grocery getter.David Smilovic

YOUR RITCH BITCH! (Chappele show for you old guys)

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
Originally posted by Jimmysidecarr
Used to ............. not anymore though Houston traffic too unpredictable.... and dangerous!!!

OUCH!!!!
Yes I'm fine ...totally unhurt....
I'm going back to the wagon for commuting........ Cobra for FUN!!!

details here---->http://www.horsepowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9801

frontdamageshot.gif

:nonono: Jimmy:( :cryying:

Now when you get the Mystichrome fixxed make sure you tell them to leave off the liscence plate bracket and holes in the bumper.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Originally posted by Chris C
Wow sorry to hear that, glad u are ok though... how much its going to be for just the paint?

Funny you shoulds ask......

$449.65 per........... pint .... And that is body shop cost.............

We just got ours for my car....:nonono:
Jimmy:thumbsup:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Originally posted by 1 bad bullitt
Now when you get the Mystichrome fixxed make sure you tell them to leave off the liscence plate bracket and holes in the bumper.

Yep got that handled boys!!!!!!
Also painting the underside of the new hood(already done)... looks fantastic!!!!
They are completely painting stuff that only was partialy painted from the factory.... very pleased so far!!
Thanks!!! for the kind comments and concern guy's
Atomheart especially you........ remember all the grief I gave ya about having a beater????

Boy am I glad I held on to the wagon!!!!

Thanks guys!!!!!
Jimmy:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread