How many people don't drive their cobras enough

oxford03cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Bought mine in 07 when I was 21 with 40k on it, now it has 67k. In the last 5-6 years I think I have only put around 3000 miles on it.

Last edited:

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
I used to drive mine so much more. The last few years not so much, but I have added some other cars to the stable as well. I would say I drive it about just often enough to burn the old gas that is getting stale in the tank.......

When I do take it out on a nice day I reminisce of the days in my 20's when I had just bought the car brand new and all the girls I would take for rides in it and how I had my whole life ahead of me and I knew everything.

And than after those feeling come I than start having thoughts of all the things I still want to improve on the car, and that I am nearing 40 and still feel like a 20 year old, but have learned I don't know everything.

I love the car. I do wish I drove it more. But life happens and practicality takes place too, and My Ford explorer just has so much more room in it for daily things and people instead of just girls now ;).

Terminator Dave

Established Member
Your tires much have flat spot

That reason why I try force myself and take time out drive my cobra atleast 1 a month around my neighborhood .

Also $500 a years on insurance alone for the cobra . Kinda wasted not to drive lol
The insurance is only $500.00 a year? I'm not sure what I'm paying for Fire/Theft only, but I'm sure it's way more than that. Mine hasn't seen the top side of the car cover in a few years. Illness has killed my efforts to get it back on the road. I just to put the trans back in and bolt up the exhaust. Working on doing that now if I can.

Sent from my 2PS64 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Gt500MV7

I purchased my 2012 Shelby GT500 in Konya Blue Metallic in July 2011. This was my early retirement car. I was 47 years old then. Today the odometer just 12,800 miles. People tell me that I baby my Shelby but in fact I very aggressive drive when I’m behind the wheel of that car. My car is my stress reliever. My Shelby is not my daily driver but I purchased that car for my size 12.5 lead foot.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

HPLouis

Established Member
The insurance is only $500.00 a year? I'm not sure what I'm paying for Fire/Theft only, but I'm sure it's way more than that. Mine hasn't seen the top side of the car cover in a few years. Illness has killed my efforts to get it back on the road. I just to put the trans back in and bolt up the exhaust. Working on doing that now if I can.

He probably has collector insurance like Grundy or Hagerty. They are agreed value policies. I went with Grundy and pay $598 a year for full coverage, 500K/500K/500K with a $250 deductible. You have to agree that the car will not be your daily driver (they'll ask about your daily driver too), it must be garaged and they'll ask for pics of the car and garage it's housed in.

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member
It seems the longer some of you guys own them the less you drive em, glad I'm not there yet. I bought mine with 7800 mls. a year and a half ago and it just turned 11,000. It only comes out on nice days but I go out of my way to make every drive last at least an hour.

Terminator Dave

Established Member
He probably has collector insurance like Grundy or Hagerty. They are agreed value policies. I went with Grundy and pay $598 a year for full coverage, 500K/500K/500K with a $250 deductible. You have to agree that the car will not be your daily driver (they'll ask about your daily driver too), it must be garaged and they'll ask for pics of the car and garage it's housed in.
Yes. I have Hagerty at an agreed value. I will have to check out the prices before I Renie. Thank you.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I put 0 miles on mine since 2014. Started out with a bad motor (teksid block) that turned into brand new boss block motor, complete custom BBRC fuel system, then custom twin turbo kit that turned into a procharger setup. The birth of my son last year stalled progress but it’s getting close to finished now. Hoping to put a lot more mileage on it soon.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Mine's a garage queen. Between work and kiddos I just don't have the time to drive her. I still enjoy modding, upgrading and detailing her when everyone is asleep but as fas as driving I probably do 100 miles a year.

BADBOYSVT

Established Member

Yea a while back some member here suggest I check out that classic insurance . Since progressive want $150 a month . So I went and get a seperate insurance for my terminator and i did save a lot of moneys . But I don’t drive it that much less then 200 miles a years. I’m thinking next years I might not renew and just drive around the neightborhood .

Terminator Dave

Established Member
Yea a while back some member here suggest I check out that classic insurance . Since progressive want $150 a month . So I went and get a seperate insurance for my terminator and i did save a lot of moneys . But I don’t drive it that much less then 200 miles a years. I’m thinking next years I might not renew and just drive around the neightborhood .
Yes. I will have to look into the insurance all over again. I had Hagerty's on my Boss, so I just put my terminator on that policy as well. Then again, you get that multi policy discount crap, and it gets hard to really get competitive quotes. Like I said, will have to look into it again.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I seriously can't imagine not driving my car. Even if it's only 30 minutes here and there, at least it's seeing the roads.

Me and a couple buddies hanging out in a parking lot last night and some kid in a Kia yells out, "there all slow". LoL okay.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I know this is the Terminator section, but I need to confess. I have not driven my 98 Cobra since 2010.
I spun a bearing on the original engine back (140k) in '09. Bought a 4.6 Aluminator shortblock through Tousley, had the heads done at MHS, and had it all installed over the winter of 09-10.
Less than 500 miles later, the oil pressure drops again and it overheated. I argued with Ford and the shop, and no one was willing to man up.
I literally let the car sit in my driveway, under a car cover, for 8 years. I know, I know, shame on me. But all that work and $$$ for 500 miles really took the wind right out of my sails. Some of you may remember that story if you were here on SVTP back then.

Now that all my aggrivation is over with, my car is currently getting a new engine built, and this time I'm going with boost. 67mm Precision Turbo, and I'm shooting for a safe 500-550 rwhp on 93 octane
A 300hp car just isn't what it once was 10-20 years ago.
Wish me luck.

Users who are viewing this thread