How many replaced lower intake gaskets while doing evenflow cooling mod.

rustang

Used but not abused much
Established Member
I am a little leary about reusing my lower intake gaskets, one side has a wavy rubber section from taking the blower and intake off. I pushed it back in, and it doesn't look bad, just wondering if anyone else feels the same as me, i'm just worried about vaccume and intake leaks now Should be alright though. :shrug:

sweet88gt

You really look at this??
Established Member
I checked your other thread and replied with a link for how to remove the blower with alot of good info. The gaskets should be replaced if they are suspect. Error to the safe side unless you want to do it all over again. If it looks ok, then reuse it. Steve at Tousley Ford is up your way and can get the things you need quickly and for the best price going. Check his Vendor section in the Market. Shoot him a thread with what you want to do and he will get you setup.

03Cobra1969

Established Member
When I did my cooling mod, I thought my lowers looked okay, but upon starting the car up for the first time, I discovered I had a huge vaccuum leak and had to do it all over again, the "right" way. I'd replace them. Good luck!

Tractionless1

Established Member
Do it the right way the 1st time. My stockers had metal in them around the ports which was all bent up. The new design has zero metal and look to be "more" reusable.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
I have no idea how much those gaskets cost but I know I would
replace them no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread