How many SVT owners in DE

nodaksvt

ehhh?
Established Member
OK, this may be a bit off topic, but when I get to Dover I will be looking for an apartment. My budget is about $750 a month. What kind of place can I get there for that amount? Are the housing and neighborhoods nice? Is there an area I should keep an eye on or watch out for? Any info would be helpful.

vipergts281

Established Member
nodaksvt said:
OK, this may be a bit off topic, but when I get to Dover I will be looking for an apartment. My budget is about $750 a month. What kind of place can I get there for that amount? Are the housing and neighborhoods nice? Is there an area I should keep an eye on or watch out for? Any info would be helpful.
Hey Buddy,

I am a mortgage broker. Shoot me a PM, you may be able to afford a house instead of renting.

-Gene

TacticalKaos

Established Member
I saw a black Cobra with orange "Cobra" letters on the back about 2 weeks ago. Was it any of you guys? I was in the black STi and let you in right by Deer Park. Then the SRT4 came up and was blowing off on both of us. (no surprise there)

vipergts281

Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
I saw a black Cobra with orange "Cobra" letters on the back about 2 weeks ago. Was it any of you guys? I was in the black STi and let you in right by Deer Park. Then the SRT4 came up and was blowing off on both of us. (no surprise there)
I came across him a few weeks ago. He is a younger guy.

It's funny because a week before I came across him I heard about his car and how fast it was, lol. I had a quick run in with him and pulled on him pretty hard. We are both pullied.

Wow, an SRT-4 kept setting off his BOV, what a shocker there. :lol1:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
vipergts281 said:

It's funny because a week before I came across him I heard about his car and how fast it was, lol. I had a quick run in with him and pulled on him pretty hard. We are both pullied.

Gene, what color was the SRT? A bunch of those tools hang out behing the "Charcoal Pit" on 202 on sat. and Sun. nights.
I used to drive through there and try to get one to come out and play, but they never do.

vipergts281

Established Member
VETTEHUNTER said:
Gene, what color was the SRT? A bunch of those tools hang out behing the "Charcoal Pit" on 202 on sat. and Sun. nights.
I used to drive through there and try to get one to come out and play, but they never do.
There is several running around.

Blue, Black, Yellow, and Silver is what I have seen so far. I tried getting a black one to go last weekend. I got next to him and waited for him to do something, but he wouldn't.

I raced a silver one about a year ago. I had a catback and CAI at the time. He was heavily modded because we went from a roll and I only had him by about 2 cars.

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
vipergts281 said:
There is several running around.

Blue, Black, Yellow, and Silver is what I have seen so far. I tried getting a black one to go last weekend. I got next to him and waited for him to do something, but he wouldn't.

I raced a silver one about a year ago. I had a catback and CAI at the time. He was heavily modded because we went from a roll and I only had him by about 2 cars.
It must be the same guys that I used to see all the time ;-) I never ran any of them though :nonono:

vipergts281

Established Member
Well, what a fun day I had in my Cobra with the snow. I almost slid into the back of a truck today while coming to a stop. I hit the brakes but the car kept sliding, missed the truck in front of me by about 2 inches.....I thought for sure that I was going to hit it.

It also took 4 guys about 5 minutes to help push me out of my parking spot today. My wheels just kept on spinning.

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
vipergts281 said:
Well, what a fun day I had in my Cobra with the snow. I almost slid into the back of a truck today while coming to a stop. I hit the brakes but the car kept sliding, missed the truck in front of me by about 2 inches.....I thought for sure that I was going to hit it.

It also took 4 guys about 5 minutes to help push me out of my parking spot today. My wheels just kept on spinning.
That sucks!!! I'm so glad I have a work truck to beat around in during the day and all winter.
I know what you mean though. My buddy and I just got done installing Flows on his 00 GT. I had to back my car out of the garage so we could get his in... (Driveway Not Shoveled) When I was pulling my car back in I couldn't get it up the slight embankment in my driveway (ICE), so I had to back it out in the street and get a running start to get it into the garage. Totally sucks!!!!!...LOL

vipergts281

Established Member
VETTEHUNTER said:
That sucks!!! I'm so glad I have a work truck to beat around in during the day and all winter.
I know what you mean though. My buddy and I just got done installing Flows on his 00 GT. I had to back my car out of the garage so we could get his in... (Driveway Not Shoveled) When I was pulling my car back in I couldn't get it up the slight embankment in my driveway (ICE), so I had to back it out in the street and get a running start to get it into the garage. Totally sucks!!!!!...LOL
Rear wheel drive and lots of torque. :rockon: :burnout:

RoushRngr

Established Member
funny reading this, i grew up in New london which is 5 min from newark, and only a quick drive over to 202 through chambers rock rd., we used to hang out a lot on main street in newark, but as previously stated its slowed a bit, have been to good ole cecil many a times, probably have seen a few or your cars there just didnt know any of ya, im here in philly finishin up college, so if ur ever in the area we can hit up the industrial end for some real late night drivin. :beer:

vipergts281

Established Member
RoushRngr said:
funny reading this, i grew up in New london which is 5 min from newark, and only a quick drive over to 202 through chambers rock rd., we used to hang out a lot on main street in newark, but as previously stated its slowed a bit, have been to good ole cecil many a times, probably have seen a few or your cars there just didnt know any of ya, im here in philly finishin up college, so if ur ever in the area we can hit up the industrial end for some real late night drivin. :beer:
I'm in New London often, a buddy of mine lives right near there.

Is our Roush Ranger white? I think I have seen it sitting right off of 896.

RoushRngr

Established Member
no, dont know if ive seen a white one, mines blue with black tinted windows, lowered and with slp wheels (now stockers with snow tires). havent been home much, trying to think of who has a white ranger, also my folks live on 896 right near swishers bus' if u know where that is...hey where do you live in philly? Im near manyunk and east falls.

Last edited:

TacticalKaos

Established Member
vipergts281 said:

Oh yeah, it was a younger guy. Tinted windows, pretty clean looking car. I liked it. Anyway, the SRT4 population in Newark is in serious need of some vehicular genocide. It wouldn't bother me so bad if the majority of them would stop being punk ass kids and quit driving like ****. Out of curiosity, what are you running in the quarter?

PS if you see a sand colored STi with a big ass front mount around, I WOULDN'T RUN HIM. I've heard he's posting low 11s.

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
RoushRngr said:
no, dont know if ive seen a white one, mines blue with black tinted windows, lowered and with slp wheels (now stockers with snow tires). havent been home much, trying to think of who has a white ranger, also my folks live on 896 right near swishers bus' if u know where that is...hey where do you live in philly? Im near manyunk and east falls.
I'm out in Chester County now....a bit of a ride from Manyunk.

vipergts281

Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
Oh yeah, it was a younger guy. Tinted windows, pretty clean looking car. I liked it. Anyway, the SRT4 population in Newark is in serious need of some vehicular genocide. It wouldn't bother me so bad if the majority of them would stop being punk ass kids and quit driving like ****. Out of curiosity, what are you running in the quarter?

PS if you see a sand colored STi with a big ass front mount around, I WOULDN'T RUN HIM. I've heard he's posting low 11s.
Not sure what I run in the quarter. I don't like going to the track. Probably high 11's though.

I can't recall seeing a sand colored STi. So how much money does this guy have into his STi to run low 11's? I talked to a guy that has a blue STi with "everything done to it" and he is only running 11's....on race gas. I've only run 1 STi before, it was from a roll and I only put about 2 cars on him, if that. That car would of been tough to catch from a stop.

Zentenk

Established Member
I'm glad I haven't ran any Cobra's yet, I can't even beat an exhaust/intake LS1 formula. :D I suck at driving... It is weird, at high rpm's my shifter does not feel as easy to shift as it is when I'm just cruising around. (I've heard problems of getting blocked out of 3rd and it seems to happen to me a lot)

Here is a vid you all can enjoy! (yesterday)

http://rapidshare.de/files/9401363/FSFBDYSTREET.wmv.html

To d/l scroll down and hit the "Free" button and it should start a countdown timer for when you can start he d/l, it is more than just 1 race as well. With 4 vehicles.
The second race of me... I purposely shifted slow. Didn't wanna jack up again on the return run.

Last edited:

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
Zentenk said:
I'm glad I haven't ran any Cobra's yet, I can't even beat an exhaust/intake LS1 formula. :D I suck at driving... It is weird, at high rpm's my shifter does not feel as easy to shift as it is when I'm just cruising around. (I've heard problems of getting blocked out of 3rd and it seems to happen to me a lot)

Here is a vid you all can enjoy! (yesterday)

http://rapidshare.de/files/9401363/FSFBDYSTREET.wmv.html

To d/l scroll down and hit the "Free" button and it should start a countdown timer for when you can start he d/l, it is more than just 1 race as well. With 4 vehicles.
The second race of me... I purposely shifted slow. Didn't wanna jack up again on the return run.
In regards to your shifting in high rpm's it may be due to your clutch master cylinder. All 98-00 F-bodies come w/ an undersized clutch master. When you upgrade your clutch to say a Centerforce DF, the MC can not displace enough fluid to fully disengage the clutch, hence hard upper rpm shifts.
Now I don't know what year your car is or if you are still running a stock clutch, but if it's a 98-00 and you arent running the stock clutch, that is almost definately the problem. When I had my 99 T/A I had the same problem after I installed a SLP lightweight flywheel and Centerforce DF.....I could not get the car to shift in the high rpm's......What I did after tons of research, was upgrade to the 01-02 F-body Clutch Master Cylinder. This is a revised unit with a larger bore. It is able to displace more fluid and allows for a higher performing clutch. (CF, RAM, SPEC, or ZO6)
Just thought I'd give you a heads up on that ;-)
Also if you have any questions about the LS1, I'm your man. There isn't much I can't tell you about that car. I've had nothing but F-Bodies since I was 16. This is my first Mustang. :banana:
By the way, nice video.
Mike

Zentenk

Established Member
HPP3 Z06 Clutch w/ update slave
Also an aluminum flywheel...

I may have jumped in way over my head in these cars haha but I love it! I am getting relocation brackets, lower control arms (need these bad), shift light, and refresh fluids/plugs for spring. What all would need to be done about my shifting problem, I mean would it be an easy fix?

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the vid.

-Kent

Users who are viewing this thread