Will you trade in your 03/04 Cobra?

• Trade in

Votes: 48 11.5%
  • Never

Votes: 371 88.5%

• Total voters

ricksterman

Established Member
There was an auction on Ebay for amount OVER MSRP for an an 07 500. when I last checked it was $15K. I don't know why. When I was in Vegas for work for a week I rented an 05 V6 just to see how I would like the styling/ergonomics, etc. (handling/power would not be comparable), I HATED IT. Ford went retro with everything that sucked on the interior, it is just hideous, blocky, cheap and gauges were difficult to read. The exterior looks ok, but what is the drag coefficient, 0.4? Yeah don't get me started on weight, I have already pulled 200# out of the Cobra cause i think it's a pig. Of course like anything new/old people will buy it. It's only saving grace will be if the motor can be modded easily to 600RWHP+ without blowing up. then I'll pick up a low mileage used one a couple of years down the road (just like the 03) dirt cheap.

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
I am excited about the new GT500 and really like the look of the coupe, but not the vert. I am never letting go of my '03 vert but I may buy a new GT500 coupe at some point. Even if I do, I will wait several months after they hit the market before I buy...let Ford release a few "versions" and bug fixes while waiting for the dealers (and buyers who will pay over sticker) to come back to their senses.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
When Ford makes a GT500KR - I will be in line. My work bonus better be good the next few years....

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
banshee400 said:
475 or 480 fwhp I can't remember but yes the number is out.

not yet, some SVT insiders are whispering about 500.

Still not trading in the 03 though.

I love it too much, I'd say I'd own both but these damn kids, them wanting a future and all........bu**sh*t. :D

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
And I find it funny that you give weight and horsepower numbers when nobody really seems to know for sure what the final product will be...other than the head of SVT quoting "it will have at LEAST 450 hp."

I find it funny that you dont know what you are talking about since Ford has already released its info. They gave it an official 475 estimated HP and a curb weight of 3920lbs(Coupe). The HP is still has an estimated beside it but they will not take at or above 500hp "on paper" b/c of insurance reasons and the Ford GT. It will not dyno more than 450rwhp and thats being really generous.

Here is the Ford site where all of its technical information has been released...>http://media.ford.com/products/presskit_display.cfm?vehicle_id=1374&press_section_id=398&make_id=92

Last edited:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
Sounds like Ford might be rather disappointed with the GT500 sales in my opinion.

Nah, too many retro old guys n' shit will be buying the crap out of them cause of the name.

Their loss until they hit MSRP or under...

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Yeah, I would never trade mine in for one.
Sad too, I had such high hopes for that car.
I predict a big hit with the older crowd. :shrug:

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
shelby and cobra go hand in hand its def cheezy that ford dropped the cobra name...other things i think they could have done better too just have to wait till they hit the streets and find out the real deal

2ponies

Established Member
I love my 2004 and will keep it untill the DMV says I can't drive it any more. My next car will have F250 on the side, 4 wheel drive, a custom box for fishing and hunting gear and a Lance camper in it.

"Yeah baby! It may not please you... but it sure pleases me!"

2814v

Established Member
I wont trade my 03. But I still may get a GT500, down the road. I want to wait and see what else ford dose with the mustang, GT350, boss, mach. If they put something out that I just have to get, I'll sell the ZR1 or if I can get my wife to let me have three toy's giddy-up.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I think the 03/03 bodystyle is still the baddest looking Stang around :pepper: :pepper:

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
I'll wait for the next SVT COBRA to come out. The GT500 is waaaaaaaaay to heavy and it doesn't quite have that agressive look that Cobra's are known for. It does and it doesn't. The engine on the other hand is great. I saw the vert at the Car Show last week and was so dissapointed. Its a tank. The coupe is better looking, but I'll wait for a new design.

Hissnhoss

1 Rotation @ A time....
Established Member
Well now that you see everyone is sticking to the 03/04 you can be different from everyone esle and get yourself one, Fat women need love as well!
FuzzyBuffalo said:
LOL, You guys are not making this any easier... :p
I'm trying to decide between the 03/04 and the 07.
I'm leaning towards the 03/04 because I thought I would have my pick when the 07's came out. But it does not look that way, so far. :shrug:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
RAZRS EDGE said:
I find it funny that you dont know what you are talking about since Ford has already released its info. They gave it an official 475 estimated HP and a curb weight of 3920lbs(Coupe). The HP is still has an estimated beside it but they will not take at or above 500hp "on paper" b/c of insurance reasons and the Ford GT. It will not dyno more than 450rwhp and thats being really generous.

Here is the Ford site where all of its technical information has been released...>http://media.ford.com/products/presskit_display.cfm?vehicle_id=1374&press_section_id=398&make_id=92

I find it funny that YOU contradict your own statement. Again, hp is estimated and not announced. I don't like the weight though. That seems to be set...and should be easy to determine. But every year the federal government stacks on more and more regulations to be complied with and that keeps raising weights and prices. The GTO is heavy...so are the new Dodge's. It's a fact of life we (and the manufacturer's) have to live with. The use of exotic composites and alloys drive the price into the Corvette range and I agree with their reasoning not to go there. If they want to ADD that car to the list for the few that are willing to spring for it, then that might be a viable option.

I like my 04. It's a fun car to drive. But as far as quality goes, these cars are pretty poor by today's standards. It should be...it's being built on a 25 year old chassis and technology. I have driven a new 05 and was quite surprised and pleased at how "finished" a product it was. I'm also one of the huge amount of fans who like the styling. Sales show that America loves the car. But that is a personal choice that each individual can have and you will vote with your next purchase...whatever that may be. No one should belittle that. I will sell my 04 soon as I never fall in love with a car. I would love a new Challenger. I just drool over that car. But this new Shelby...well, it's special and I would love to own one. But not at huge premiums over sticker price. That's ludicrous.

And remember....these new cars are talking horsepower levels straight from the factory that compare to mildly pullied Terminators. Wait until we start working through the mod process with these. I think 10 second performers will be common place....like 11 second Terminators are now.

Users who are viewing this thread