• Trade in

Votes: 48 11.5%
  • Never

Votes: 371 88.5%

• Total voters

MystichromeVert

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
And remember....these new cars are talking horsepower levels straight from the factory that compare to mildly pullied Terminators. Wait until we start working through the mod process with these. I think 10 second performers will be common place....like 11 second Terminators are now.

I agree, but isn't the modding process rumored to be much more difficult on the new engines? Seems like I read something stating that these cars would not accept a larger lower pulley and the only way to swap the upper would be with a new blower. Then you've got the drive-by-wire issues on top of that...

I could have my facts all messed up, but it seems like Ford learned it's lesson with modding and the 03/04 crowd.

Redwing

Established Member
oldnfast said:
Too much time, sweat, and $ to ever let it go. Besides, I've never been happeir with a car.

My sentiments exactly. The only thing is, the 07 is likely to be the last vehicle officially badged a Shelby while the old man is still alive. 25 or 30 years from now it's collector car value because of that should be right up there.
I know, I know, who cares 30 years down the road, but I have 3 kids, (adults, actually) and it's something to consider.
I'll still keep my 04 Vert though.
steve

FuzzyBuffalo

Established Member
Hissnhoss said:
Well now that you see everyone is sticking to the 03/04 you can be different from everyone esle and get yourself one, Fat women need love as well!

Yeah, the poll sure turned out exactly opposite of what I thought it would.
We'll have to see what happens after they come out, maybe I will end up with a fat woman. :beer:

WarrenB

Established Member
Blue Poison said:
Fock no! I saw the Convertible in person....and it's ugly

FWIW....the guy at the auto show quoted some performance figures for the GT500.

0-60 at 4.5 sec
1/4 mile at 12.7 <---- Yeah sure.

redsvtcobra

Established Member
No way, I love my cobra and would never dream of handing it in for that 2007 shelby thing. I hate the body styling as well. At almost 300lbs lighter and ~540 rwhp it would take a decent amount of work to make that thing faster than my car and I'm not going bakwards with a straight axle.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
MystichromeVert said:
I agree, but isn't the modding process rumored to be much more difficult on the new engines? Seems like I read something stating that these cars would not accept a larger lower pulley and the only way to swap the upper would be with a new blower. Then you've got the drive-by-wire issues on top of that...

I could have my facts all messed up, but it seems like Ford learned it's lesson with modding and the 03/04 crowd.

I think you are absolutely correct....there will be new obstacles to overcome. For one, I'm hearing things like the blower pulley will be much like an a/c pulley and be electrically controlled. Of course, that's all rumor for now. But the drive by wire issue has already been solved by software tuners on many cars. I think they have a handle on that. I also remember vividly in the 80's when the beloved 5.0 became fuel injected and everyone thought the world had come to an end. Hot rodding was finished and we could never mod our cars again. It just doesn't take long for innovative aftermarket individuals to overcome obstacles like this. It may not be as easy...or as cheap...but I'm betting it gets done.

Defknotzero

Established Member
im selling my 04 to go to school.. after that we shall see what is out, but by the looks of it. im going with an older stang or another car manufact.

JMD0346

Established Member
Another thing I read was the water pump runs of the smae belt as the blower. Once you swap pulleys it could be hard to get the proper flow back to the water pump. Muck like the altenator issue we see with the 03-04. Its not something you want to be off thats for sure.

muhtalicbloo

Established Member
once moddability (SP?) is overcame and i'm sure there will be easy ways to gain good amts of hp and tq with these things then i think that will sway the vote...and what it's been 3 years now since the 03's came out.....and now 03/04's are moving onto turbo...they're getting to the peak of their performance.....everyone will soon get bored with the same thing and move on to the gt500's....and the 03/04's will be the now-a-day '93 cobras or w/e....but i think a lot of ppls minds will change but i have to agree at this point in time the 03/04's are much better looking and i'm so tired of all the hype about the gt500...just come out already.....just m/o

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Nope..not me....I like the new stangs....but the 1/4 mile performance is not going to be that different than what our stock Cobras were turning. Should be interesting to see how the mod thing goes too with the new Shelby SVT

03cobrarocks

Established Member
redsvtcobra said:
No way, I love my cobra and would never dream of handing it in for that 2007 shelby thing. I hate the body styling as well. At almost 300lbs lighter and ~540 rwhp it would take a decent amount of work to make that thing faster than my car and I'm not going bakwards with a straight axle.

my thoughts exactly!!

the only 05 I would drive is a roush cuase it actually looks decent

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I think another thing people are putting to much into is the weight. I look at the differences between my 01 and my 04. The 01 was 320 hp and at best 200 lbs lighter. My 04 is the same car..except the 200 lbs heavier and 70 hp more. There is absolutely no comparison to how the cars run. I would expect the same type of performance gain with the new Shelby. About 200 lbs heavier and 75 or so more hp.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
I think this car will be awesome, I will wait in line and wait to see what the people say and buy a used one, because that is all I can ever afford :)

Wease

I Love Beavers
Established Member
How many here can actually afford the $40K plus $10K - $20K dealer markup for one? Even after the novelty wears off, they still won't be cheap. I'd take one over an 03/04, if I had that kinda money to spend... :)

muhtalicbloo

Established Member
another thing that's gonna suck is this car is gonna start out like the majority of corvettes are....high priced high powered cars with no one to truly use them.....i mean granted the price isn't too bad but ppl are gonna see these as collectors and what not cuz no one knows how long this thing will be produced.....and so thats my thinking on that....which scares me....secondly i agree with the weight and power thing how some ppl are looking too much into the weight....couldn't have said it better myself....and in a couple years the fox's are gonna be the 60's era mustangs....the sn-95's are gonna be the foxes....the terminators are gonna be the 93 cobras.....and the gt500's will be the terminators of the new......so ya the process will just keep going....and cars like the GT or the '00 Cobra R will be the '69 boss 429's...428 cj's etc...as far as price and value.....i don't think the terminators will ever reach this place in status just b/c you can already barely find an unabused terminator out there or one that hasn't had a new motor...different rear end or ne thing and therefore will not be original which ups the value......wow i've wrote entirely way too much.....is it friday yet??? lol

Users who are viewing this thread