Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Over 6000

Votes: 19 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
This debate has played out many times before. Mach1, Terminator, 07/08 GT500. Every one of those models started out with "allocations" and ADMs, then end up sitting on lots unsold at some point. The same arguments are always made about "limited" production. The fact that people are anxious to get their cars and Ford did not shove out 5000 of them the first month fuels the speculation. They may only produce 4-5K 13s, but they will roll right into the 14s. The numbers keep getting lower for the reasons already stated: the economy, seven years of GT500s already being produced, more muscle car options than ever before, a new platform right around the corner. Just because fifty buyers on SVTP are waiting on delivery doesn't mean Ford won't fill every potential order.

Hey, maybe Ford will have supplier issues or cares deeply enough about "exclusivity" :lol: to limit production. Or maybe they place an order for an additional several thousand blowers based on demand and seek to maximize profit. If I were a betting man, I'd go with the latter.

Last edited:

drmustang

Banned
This debate has played out many times before. Mach1, Terminator, 07/08 GT500. Every one of those models started out with "allocations" and ADMs, then end up sitting on lots unsold at some point. The same arguments are always made about "limited" production. The fact that people are anxious to get their cars and Ford did not shove out 5000 of them the first month fuels the speculation. They may only produce 4-5K 13s, but they will roll right into the 14s. The numbers keep getting lower for the reasons already stated: the economy, seven years of GT500s already being produced, more muscle car options than ever before, a new platform right around the corner. Just because fifty buyers on SVTP are waiting on delivery doesn't mean Ford won't fill every potential order.

Hey, maybe Ford will have supplier issues or cares deeply enough about "exclusivity" :lol: to limit production. Or maybe they place an order for an additional several thousand blowers based on demand and seek to maximize profit. If I were a betting man, I'd go with the latter.

Exactly, excellent post, 100% correct! Ford will fart these things out as fast as the pubic will buy them and their suppliers wll be more than willing to provide the components to do so.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Exactly, excellent post, 100% correct! Ford will fart these things out as fast as the pubic will buy them and their suppliers will be more than willing to provide the components to do so.

I think your wrong, but I hope your right. If your right, I will get the car I ordered in May. If I'm right, no car.
This is one contest I don't want to win.:(

RakMan

Wild Weasel
Established Member
SVT Dealer vs. Non SVT Dealer

CHRIS: Can a non-SVT dealer get an allocation?

The Shelby is a profitable car for ford- But not nearly as profitable as an F-series

Any dealer that paid the SVT fee and "certified" will get atleast ONE Shelby on the year.

A dealer that sells a large number of mustangs on a yearly basis (read Galpin) will get multiple GT500s (maybe up to 6 or 8)

A dealer that is a smaller dealer and wants more than one will more than likely have to take on some other unwanted inventory (stick no AC fiesta in that snot green color)

You need to find dealers with allocation- and negotiate. Plain and simple. OR find a good reputable dealer- and get a plain good deal. The majority of members on here paid MSRP or below- not Above. You just need to do your homework.

The only thing limiting the numbers of these cars is the following:
-amount of people willing to pay $60-70k for a mustang
-amount of dealers that certified to sell Shelby's in 2013 (they also certified for. 2014 at the same time)
-the numbers of orders being put in- in a timely fashion

Ford is not limiting the production- the dealers and the market are.

Snoopy49

Established Member
A dealer that doesn't certify to sell Shelby's can not get an allocation.

Only one of the 5 dealers near me is an SVT Certified Dealer and some of the other dealers have been able to order 2013 GT500's.

I was told that any dealer who paid the $2000 SVT fee would get 1 allocation for 2013MY and 1 for 2014MY without having to be SVT certified.

Maybe it is a new policy for 2013 or the fee may entitle them to certified status? Maybe someone can clarify the situation?

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Only one of the 5 dealers near me is an SVT Certified Dealer and some of the other dealers have been able to order 2013 GT500's.

I was told that any dealer who paid the $2000 SVT fee would get 1 allocation for 2013MY and 1 for 2014MY without having to be SVT certified.

Maybe it is a new policy for 2013 or the fee may entitle them to certified status? Maybe someone can clarify the situation?

Hang in and keep trying. I went to one dealer in June and they told me they had already sold the two they got and maybe would ask for a third but it had to be over MSRP. I promptly left.
They just contacted me saying they had another allocation and would honor the price I was quoted because of my credit union (car search) which happens to be below MSRP.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

I never said they had to be an SVT dealer.

I said they had to pay a fee in order to certify to sell GT500s. $1000 for 2013 $1000 for 2014

It's not like it used to be- you don't have to be an SVT dealer to do anything. No techs go to svt school anymore or anything like that.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Correct, it's just if the dealer paid the $2000 ($1000 per year) to guarantee 1 allocation.

drmustang

Banned
Who really cares about the retailers business expenses. Why would a customer with any sense have reason to concern himself with a car dealers overhead. Thats their problem, don't make it yours. Do you think the guy who owns Joe Blow Ford gives a crap about your annual expenses?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
The question was asked about who or how a dealer gets an allocation.

The answer is by which dealer pays a fee to certify.

Nothing else was suggested.

Take the dealer hater blinders off for a minute.

Last edited:

drmustang

Banned
The question was asked about who or how a dealer gets an allocation.

The answer is by which dealer pays a fee to certify.

Nothing else was suggested.

Take the dealer hater blinders off for a minute.

I have a better idea. Why don't you lighten up with the control, leave me alone. You have stalked me and attacked me on this forum continuously for the last 6 mos. I respect your opinions, why can't you accept or simply ignore mine.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Who really cares about the retailers business expenses. Why would a customer with any sense have reason to concern himself with a car dealers overhead. Thats their problem, don't make it yours. Do you think the guy who owns Joe Blow Ford gives a crap about your annual expenses?

I'm sorry you've had poor dealership experiences. However not all dealers are like the ones you've had contact with.

I have return customers that travel from Ohio to Misouri to buy from me.

Customers should care about the expenses of the dealership. I wish I could sell every car I had for a dollar and stay in business. Think how many people would like me! But I would only be able to do that for about a day...then all my cars would be gone and I'd be broke and out of business.

Same with dealers caring about customers. I want my customers to be able to comfortably pay for their car and still live within their lifestyle. When that happens customers are happy, and will be return customers.

I'm not trying to attack anyone, but it isn't right to group all dealers under the same experience.

Why can't we all be friends? :beer:

drmustang

Banned
I'm sorry you've had poor dealership experiences. However not all dealers are like the ones you've had contact with.

I have return customers that travel from Ohio to Misouri to buy from me.

Customers should care about the expenses of the dealership. I wish I could sell every car I had for a dollar and stay in business. Think how many people would like me! But I would only be able to do that for about a day...then all my cars would be gone and I'd be broke and out of business.

Same with dealers caring about customers. I want my customers to be able to comfortably pay for their car and still live within their lifestyle. When that happens customers are happy, and will be return customers.

I'm not trying to attack anyone, but it isn't right to group all dealers under the same experience.

Why can't we all be friends? :beer:

It is very nice to hear someone in your field articulate a favorable ethic in this fashion. Good for you and good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread