How much boost

whitelight2004

OIF Vet
Established Member
How much boost can you safely get out of the eaton blower with a stock block? Don't have the $$$ left for the Kenne Bell so looking at porting the eaton and going with more boost, but don't want to do forged internals yet either

built93cobra

BIG GIB
Established Member
I was talking to Bob from Stiegemeier's yesterday and I told him that I planned on going with a CAI, ported eaton, and a 4lb lower pulley and he told me that I should stop there with the stock bottom end. The rods are the week link in our trucks, so if you plan on running pump gas I wouldn't go past 15psi. A lot of it is in your tune, but if you want more boost and a more aggressive tune with more timing, you will probably have to run race gas if you want to keep your rods in your block.

whitelight2004

OIF Vet
Established Member
ok thanks, I got the 12 psi kit already the only other one that I can get right now with this cog drive is 17 psi I'd say maybe a little bit too much then, maybe just porting out the eaton will be good enough then

TXRickC

Established Member
What about having the Eaton Extrude Honed? Anyone try this yet?
I liked the Plenum I had them do on my prev. '01 L vs. a friends 'ported' plenum.
Very clean & smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread