how much boost

8tang

Established Member
I am thinking of going with a turbo kit on an 01 lightning with bone stock motor. I was wondering how boost and timing with right tune the bottom end would take before self destruction!!:pop:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
IIRC there was a guy running 15lbs of boost making 550rwhp.
But he sold shortly after and disappeared from the boards.

Damn Database error when I tried submitting this post. :bored:

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
Couldn't imagine you making more than 480 horse on a stock motor. The rods in those things suck and are the weakest part of the engine.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Ive seen a few people on nloc around 12psi with 14* timing and safe a/f ratio's making 500-550 rwhp on stock blocks

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
I am thinking of going with a turbo kit on an 01 lightning with bone stock motor. I was wondering how boost and timing with right tune the bottom end would take before self destruction!!:pop:

are you buying a kit of making one?

8tang

Established Member
planning on making a kit. I know people run 15-16 lbs of boost out of stock eatons all day long. It takes a lot more stress on the motor to make power with an eaton rather than a turbo. i was thinkin i should be able to run at least 17lbs with a good tune and keep it together. But maybe not.

8tang

Established Member
Does anybody how much boost and timing that he is running cause that would be a great start.

white01

T76GTS Power
Established Member
Does anybody how much boost and timing that he is running cause that would be a great start.

I might be wrong, but I think he was using a Garrett GT-42/76 at 20+psi and C-16 race fuel. The motor let go shortly after that on the streets.

Seeing 500+ shouldn't be a problem for the stock block at 16psi and 12 to 16 degrees of timing.

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread