How Much Did You Pay Over Sticker For Your GT500?

How Much Over Sticker Did You Pay For Your GT500?

• I paid sticker!

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • $1,000 - $5,000

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • $5,000 - $10,000

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • $10,000 - $15,000

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • $15,000 - $20,000

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • $20,000 - $25,000

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • $30,000 + (I'm rich and I have waaaay too much money!)

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • AC427Cobra is my favorite Moderator!

Votes: 49 47.1%
  • below sticker

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • $1 - $1,000

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hicompression

Hah!
Established Member
I posted this as a poll to keep it anonymous. :) So without admitting who you are, how much did you pay over sticker for your GT500?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I've added the two requested items to the poll for all of you fine gentlemen!

Can I serve you in any other way this evening!? ;-) :thumbsup: :coolman:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I voted ''I paid over 30k because I have way too much money''

Then I woke up:loser:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I've added the two requested items to the poll for all of you fine gentlemen!

Can I serve you in any other way this evening!? ;-) :thumbsup: :coolman:

how bout 3 more?

i dont have the money for a gt500, yet.
whats a gt500?
who is ac427cobra?

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
I don't think everyone that's voting in this thread is being honest! If nearly everyone paid sticker for their car then why all the moaning and groaning about ADMs ?? :rockon:

03snakerush

Established Member
1BADGT500 said:
I don't think everyone that's voting in this thread is being honest! If nearly everyone paid sticker for their car then why all the moaning and groaning about ADMs ?? :rockon:

I think you're right. A lot of guys lie worse than women when it comes to car purchase prices. If everyone was actually paying m.s.r.p., then we wouldn't be talking about the obscene mark-ups that most dealers are still charging. Case in point: Walnut Creek Ford (California) has charged $25,750 over sticker for every single one of their GT500's- and they keep getting it....:shrug:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
03snakerush said:
I think you're right. A lot of guys lie worse than women when it comes to car purchase prices. If everyone was actually paying m.s.r.p., then we wouldn't be talking about the obscene mark-ups that most dealers are still charging. Case in point: Walnut Creek Ford (California) has charged $25,750 over sticker for every single one of their GT500's- and they keep getting it....:shrug:

One thing you need to remember is that many people on this forum did not wait until 2006 or 2007 to write an order for their cars. :-D For example, I wrote an order for mine in March of 2005. I know of many people that wrote orders before I did. :idea: Did you ever hear of the term "The early bird gets the worm"? Many also had a power lease that entitled them to a new GT500 at MSRP. :idea:

After this car has made the cover of no less than 15 car magazines in a period of 18 months, do you think you're going to get a deal for MSRP?!?! :read: Think about it. :rollseyes

I know lots of people that paid MSRP. I also know lots of people that paid +$5k and $10k. If you want MSRP, you just need to be patient and wait until the fever dies down. Despite what you've heard in the past and may currently be hearing from Terminator owners, this is a better car.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
One thing you need to remember is that many people on this forum did not wait until 2006 or 2007 to write an order for their cars. :-D For example, I wrote an order for mine in March of 2005. I know of many people that wrote orders before I did. :idea: Did you ever hear of the term "The early bird gets the worm"? Many also had a power lease that entitled them to a new GT500 at MSRP. :idea:

After this car has made the cover of no less than 15 car magazines in a period of 18 months, do you think you're going to get a deal for MSRP?!?! :read: Think about it. :rollseyes

I know lots of people that paid MSRP. I also know lots of people that paid +$5k and $10k. If you want MSRP, you just need to be patient and wait until the fever dies down. Despite what you've heard in the past and may currently be hearing from Terminator owners, this is a better car.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

I agree Bruce but I am a little confused.... I tried many, many times to order one or to seal the deal on one the moment I heard Ford commit to building them and ever since and nobody would allow it then and still won't do it .... we don't do that, I've never heard of that car, we aren't allowed to do that, you can't simply order this car etc. etc. etc .....

same thing happened to me when I tried to order a 1987 Buick GNX back in early to mid '86... every dealer said the same thing back then (even the dealer I bought two new Grand Nationals from) and I never got one because of the ADMS on that car and the limited production #s.

So I don't understand how some of you are able to order a car 1-2 years before it hits the production line and from what I've been told, Ford dealers aren't able to take any orders that far in advance. Heck I couldn't even order a 07 or a 08 from the dealers here and I still can't order one from any dealer in this state.

Regarding this thread, I think that the lucky ones who got their cars at MSRP or less are quick to post it here and the ones who paid 10-25 over are a little hesitant to brag about it!

Just my .02

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
1BADGT500 said:
I agree Bruce but I am a little confused.... I tried many, many times to order one or to seal the deal on one the moment I heard Ford commit to building them and ever since and nobody would allow it then and still won't do it .... we don't do that, I've never heard of that car, we aren't allowed to do that, you can't simply order this car etc. etc. etc .....

same thing happened to me when I tried to order a 1987 Buick GNX back in early to mid '86... every dealer said the same thing back then (even the dealer I bought two new Grand Nationals from) and I never got one because of the ADMS on that car and the limited production #s.

So I don't understand how some of you are able to order a car 1-2 years before it hits the production line and from what I've been told, Ford dealers aren't able to take any orders that far in advance. Heck I couldn't even order a 07 or a 08 from the dealers here and I still can't order one from any dealer in this state.

Regarding this thread, I think that the lucky ones who got their cars at MSRP or less are quick to post it here and the ones who paid 10-25 over are a little hesitant to brag about it!

Just my .02

Derek:

I simply walked into the salesman's office (granted, I knew him and he knew me, as I am the local chapter's SVTOA assistant director) and told him I'd like to pre-order the next Cobra. BTW here's some money!! How could they say no?!?! LOL ;-) :-D

Users who are viewing this thread