how much do you think my 2013 gt is worth?

5ohpowa

Established Member
Its a base black on black cloth 6sp manual 5.0, Has about 6k miles so far and will be completely stock when/if i trade it in. I traded in my custom painted 05 roush on the 13 and am considering the jump back. I can pick up a clean 05 i found for 10k and mod away. I love the motor in the 5.0 but im really not feeling the trans in these cars or the whole #8 thing. I dont think spending 30k for a car and having to drop another 4-5 into it so it can handle stock power. Anyways what do you think i could REALISTICALLY get for it?

5ohpowa

Established Member
Ive seen kbb and edmunds but theyre normally waay off thats why i said realistically! Shit kbb had a 2012 at almost 27k trade in. Theres a leftover one at my local dealer you can buy for less than that. Btw last i checked you cant even select trade in values for a 2013 yet

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
the trans is fine in this car, and the #8 isnt even an issue anymore. as far as value like 03shadow just said chance are you will lose 8 to 10k.

whatwhine

Established Member
Yea especially in trade in value. U might sell it out right and break even.
As stated, your car has all the refinements from 11-12 models being out. Your car is a good car....

5ohpowa

Established Member
Yea im not trying to spawn a argument here but i just feel for the money you can build a better car from the same chassis with the early s197. When i got my car it wouldnt shift into 3rd above 6400 rpm. I did the barton braket and that helped alot but the clutch pedal still gets spongy and on occasion hangs on the floor after just a few highway pulls . I paint cars for a living sk it doesnt take much for me to make something nice as new. Im not 100% sure what im doing yet just needed insight on trade in.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Yea im not trying to spawn a argument here but i just feel for the money you can build a better car from the same chassis with the early s197. When i got my car it wouldnt shift into 3rd above 6400 rpm. I did the barton braket and that helped alot but the clutch pedal still gets spongy and on occasion hangs on the floor after just a few highway pulls . I paint cars for a living sk it doesnt take much for me to make something nice as new. Im not 100% sure what im doing yet just needed insight on trade in.

Swap to DOT4 and 75w90 and that slushy clutch pedal will be gone.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
A dealer offered me $25K for my 13 that is just like your OP. Mine had 3800 miles on it at the time. Im seriously considering a trade for an auto.

Last edited:

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
I can buy your same car brand new for 27k either from USAA buying program or a local dealer near by. 24-26k tops realistically

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Why would you wanna go back to a box? Those years are ugly IMO. Your going to lose your ass on a trade in or even selling it. All for what? A slower car? And what are you talking about having to spend 4-5 k for it to handle stock power? There's no #8 issue and the tranny in your car sounds like an issue ford should fix. Have you brought the car in? I've never had a tranny issue. Either way I think your making a mistake and going to lose money in the long run.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
$25k.

And what #8 issue now? All other 5.0 owners have only mentioned these motors are perfection and only lesser motors like the ones found in decadent archaic cobras are prone to such shenanigans

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Why would you wanna go back to a box? Those years are ugly IMO. Your going to lose your ass on a trade in or even selling it. All for what? A slower car? And what are you talking about having to spend 4-5 k for it to handle stock power? There's no #8 issue and the tranny in your car sounds like an issue ford should fix. Have you brought the car in? I've never had a tranny issue. Either way I think your making a mistake and going to lose money in the long run.

People have different taste. You think the prior body style GT is ugly and I think big factory hood scoops on the newer ones are ugly. Would be boring if everyone had the same stuff. OP will lose money but if he's willing to take a small loss to get what he really likes then I'm for it. He'll greatly shrink his monthly payment or eliminate it all together. A built car is way more impressive than a brand new car with basic bolt ons.

PushingSpokes

Established Member
A dealer offered me $25K for my 13 that is just like your OP. Mine had 3800 miles on it at the time. Im seriously considering a trade for an auto.

+1 for $25k

I was in the auto business from 1993-2005, and I know someone who just traded in a car like yours for a 2013 Boss and got $26k since he is the fleet manager for Ken Grody in Buena Park, CA

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
You want to sell a car you just got? Good luck with that. 25K tops

$25k.

And what #8 issue now? All other 5.0 owners have only mentioned these motors are perfection and only lesser motors like the ones found in decadent archaic cobras are prone to such shenanigans

:lol:, you delivered as expected.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
my advice for you is to take it to carmax and sell it to them. my '11 GT had transmission/clutch issues and i just wanted to get rid of the damn thing. carmax gave me $28k for it (sticker was $34k). i still took a loss, but it really wasn't that bad and i never would have gotten that much from a private party sale.

Users who are viewing this thread