How much faster is the 06/07 than the 03/04

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
rphinney said:
Most of the bolt on Terminators I see on this site seem to be in the 450 to 500 HP Range, about a 125 RWHP gain from stock, I would expect the same from the GT 500 putting it in the 550 to 575 Range.
I believe there was a poster here "Kennevilla" Sounds like a twin screw there, he is at 495 RWHP I think.

You convienently overlooked the fact that the 4.6 will do 500+ rwhp, SAE net, on pump gas, with all the bolt-on's and a crappy EATON blower (ported). Typical screw-blower setups are mid-500's and up with a safe tune on PUMP gas.

Given the larger engine, better heads, (hopefully) better cams, better blower, intake and intercooler I'd be completely floored if it didn't make at least 490+ at the rear tires bone-stock. 600 rwhp on pump gas should be low end of the norm once these mods are common place.

Elliotness

Established Member
Lethalchem said:
I don't see how anyone can answer this since we don't have any actual numbers to work with. However, if a 03 Cobra is agreed to be around 425hp at the fly (since people have dyno'd at 380rwhp), and the 07 is actually accurate at 450 at the crank, I think it's going to be damn close. I dont think Ford would be that stupid though. I'd guess it will be closer to 500 at the crank, which will only make it slower than all the modded Cobras who have dropped $800 into their cars. :lol:

Without reading this post let me say a few things. Qualify what you mean be faster..... Couple of considerations.

- Car will probably weigh more.... 3700+
+ Solid rear axle = better launch at the strip
- Solid rear axle = better launch at the strip sacrificing cornering etc.

My .03 is that the GT 500 will have at least a 70hp advantage... and about 50-100 lb weight disadvantage.

Both are nice cars.... I think I'll take both. A white and blue G500 coupe to park next to the Terminator vert. :pepper:

It's all speculation until the car comes out.

rphinney

Established Member
03SoCalCobra said:
Given the larger engine, better heads, (hopefully) better cams, better blower, intake and intercooler I'd be completely floored if it didn't make at least 490+ at the rear tires bone-stock. 600 rwhp on pump gas should be low end of the norm once these mods are common place.

So I guess the quoted number DIRECTLY FROM FORD as of Wednesday of last week of 450 is right out the window, the car went from 450 Flywheel HP and probably 425 to 430 RWHP, to guys saying it will make 500 HP at the flywheel to match the Z06 now we have guys saying it will make 490 RWHP? That's 550 at the crank. By next month you guys will have this car at 1000 HP.

Remember the idea of the unveiling of the car is to dispell some of the rumors, little things will be tweaked here and there, but seeing as how the Z06 was just put out in Jan. Dont you think Ford would be more than willing to rate the car at 500 or 525 HP, if they where going for a number higher than 450 why wouldnt they say so? As it sits they are 50 HP lower than the Z06, if they had plans of making more power they certainly would want to tell everyone.

Fourcam330

Established Member
rphinney said:
So I guess the quoted number DIRECTLY FROM FORD as of Wednesday of last week of 450 is right out the window, the car went from 450 Flywheel HP and probably 425 to 430 RWHP, to guys saying it will make 500 HP at the flywheel to match the Z06 now we have guys saying it will make 490 RWHP? That's 550 at the crank. By next month you guys will have this car at 1000 HP.

Remember the idea of the unveiling of the car is to dispell some of the rumors, little things will be tweaked here and there, but seeing as how the Z06 was just put out in Jan. Dont you think Ford would be more than willing to rate the car at 500 or 525 HP, if they where going for a number higher than 450 why wouldnt they say so? As it sits they are 50 HP lower than the Z06, if they had plans of making more power they certainly would want to tell everyone.

Gee I don't know, insurance costs, environmentalists, bean counters, fuel economy/warranty issues, CAFE regs., etc. maybe? The motor is underrated & detuned, GET OVER IT. :rollseyes

Last edited:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
rphinney said:

The actual release from Ford is 450+hp.

dragon40k

Established Member
I think they (Ford) say 450+ because no two cars are the same. I think that when someone throws it on a dyno, Ford wants it to have enough rwhp to convert to more than 450 flywheel. That way noone can say "you told me it had 450 but my dyno proves it only has 449. I feel like I'm stating the obvious and I probably am to most of the people here. Either way I can't wait to see one on the road.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Fourcam330 is right. These Shelbys will be underrated in hp. Terminators are underrated at 390 hp but everyone knows that they really produce at least 425 hp. With more cubes in the 5.4 and the twin screw S/C, why wouldn't it produce at least 500 hp?

Users who are viewing this thread