How much faster is the 06/07 than the 03/04

Bob Cosby

Established Member
jwfisher said:
How about a spell checker?
I don't wish to be too critical, but if you're going to jerk someone's chain about their spelling, you might want to get yours in order first, to wit:

jwfisher said:
...is no tidfferent than...

jwfisher said:
...this rediculous mess...

Those are picky little quotes, but if you're going to throw stones....

FYI: I do not claim my spelling or grammar to be perfect, or even near perfect. The moment I wanted to do that, someone would point out my no doubt numerous typing errors.

Fourcam330

Established Member
swlacobra said:
and what is the tire size limit? this will be a factor in how much power you can put to the ground. these new stangs seem to have narrow tires. i looked under one and it looks like the shock is in the way. might be different on the gt500, guess time will tell

Ford is claiming (at the NYAS) that the GT500 runs 0-60 in 3.5 seconds or under in first gear.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
I have no doubt the car will be quick, however, 60 mph in first gear is a stretch, assuming that Ford's data on the car is correct (3.31, 2.97 1st gear, 28" tire), which calculates to a max speed of 51 mph. A 2.66 1st (same as current Cobra T56) would get a closer - 57 mph.

Just a little FYI. :)

Fourcam330

Established Member
Bob Cosby said:
I have no doubt the car will be quick, however, 60 mph in first gear is a stretch, assuming that Ford's data on the car is correct (3.31, 2.97 1st gear, 28" tire), which calculates to a max speed of 51 mph. A 2.66 1st (same as current Cobra T56) would get a closer - 57 mph.

Just a little FYI. :)

I was hoping you would chime in again Bob. What would you estimate the tire/wheel diameter to be on the 19"/low profile rubber as seen at the NYAS?

rphinney

Established Member
700 RWHP????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: WTF are you thinking? Do you understand that the Base HP number ford is using is 450? That's 4-5-0 let's be generous and say it will Dyno 425RWHP that means a Tune and Pulley is going to make an additional 275 RWHP, You are an idiot I dont even know what else to say. :nonono:

rezcobra

Established Member
CobraBob said:
A GT500 with 500 hp would be nice, but I don't think we'll see it higher than 450. JMO.

But its already being advertised as "more than 450 hp" by Ford!!! :rockon:

svt fetish

SVT FREAK
Established Member
97topless snake said:
Looks like a hub clutch type deal on the front of the blower... Wont make a difference what size pulley you put on it the clutch will only allow so much boost(upper or lower pulley). Other cars use this type set-up. Also there seems to be a electronic type boost by pass that will only allow the PCM to see more boost.

the aftermarket will work around this but it wont be as easy as an 03/04 pulley swap.

just my $.03
Not to debate you but, in the latest issue of a Mustang magazine I read where they did a pully swap on a Ford GT and managed gains at the track, so if this is close to the same blower used they may still be able to do the pulley swap and realize gains, but who knows till it's been done. Just an opinion. :beer:

Fourcam330

Established Member
rphinney said:
700 RWHP????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: WTF are you thinking? Do you understand that the Base HP number ford is using is 450? That's 4-5-0 let's be generous and say it will Dyno 425RWHP that means a Tune and Pulley is going to make an additional 275 RWHP, You are an idiot I dont even know what else to say. :nonono:

How much experience do you have with GT motors? That's what I thought. :burn: With regard to ultimate HP production they will only be limited by the smallish 2.2L twin screws.
LOL, you're aware that an otherwise stock 96-01 N/A 4.6L can make 425rwhp @ 6-7psi correct?
Even the 03/04 motors with 2.2L twin screw swap can make 650+rwhp with all the bolt-ons and said blower swap. You're telling me that the addition of 15% more displacement, more aggressive cams, and heads that piss all over the previous generation, aren't going to equate to an easy 50rwhp???
Moving on to actual GT motors, the two that I have seen dyno bone stock put out 545-560rwhp (again untouched) @ 11psi. Do the math assclown. Besides, I never said it would make 700rwhp with just a pulley/tune, I said all bolt-ons (full exhaust, CAI, pulley and tune, etc.)
I won't even get into how little TT boost the GT motors need to make 900+rwhp, it's sick.
Who's the ****ing idiot with second grade reading comp. skills now? :pop:

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
rezcobra said:
But its already being advertised as "more than 450 hp" by Ford!!! :rockon:

It's actually being advertised as "more than 450HP". Mark my words, it's not going to make less than 440-460rwhp stock, and we will see close to if not over 500rwhp/500rwtq with just a tune, not even a pulley.

Last edited:

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
GT500 with 450... Hrm.. It'll pry be like 485, they'll just advertise it as 450 I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these cars put down 450 to the wheels with just intake and exhaust..

But what everyone is saying about the pulley is right.. Looks like a clutch set up, so even if you put a smaller pulley on it, after a certain RPM, the pulley won't be spinnin the screws anymore.. Aftermarket will make it work, but talk about a loss of warranty.. and fast! :eek:

Last edited:

Onivlas

Established Member
I've been reading a little over the forums, and Ford may have gone with a clutch assembly so that people do loose their warentee.

Ford can make a 450+ horsepower car with a warentee. That's great. Sell it for 40k. Wonderful. Can Ford make a profit when someones 600+ horsepower car *gasp* breaks? Mabey. If it's easy, they'll be paying all the way to the poor house. The ease of modifing the 03/04 may have put Ford in the red, for breakage that wasn't their fault. In order for Ford to make performance cars, they need to make them profitable. In order for them to be profitable, they can't be handing out new motors, axles, transmissions... like popcorn.

For the future of performance vehicles, I hope modifications are made obvious. Being a sucker for lies and cheats isn't a good plan for any company.

rphinney

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
The GT500/GT motor will put out 700rwhp/700+rwtq with bolt-ons and reflash/pulley, hell it might be possible with just a pulley/reflash. The only thing the Z06 has going for it is it's ultra light (by comparison) weight; though I'm sure the 7.0L will love the spray. The hands down potential HP/TQ champ is without question the GT/GT500 motor.

:loser:

Fourcam330

Established Member
rphinney said:
The GT500/GT motor will put out 700rwhp/700+rwtq with bolt-ons and reflash/pulley, hell it might be possible with just a pulley/reflash. The only thing the Z06 has going for it is it's ultra light (by comparison) weight; though I'm sure the 7.0L will love the spray. The hands down potential HP/TQ champ is without question the GT/GT500 motor.

I said it may be possible, as in, we're going to have to wait until someone actually does it to find out :dw: 700/700 is guaranteed with bolt-ons, sorry to burst your bubble. Evidently your vette just got a whole lot slower :poke:

rphinney

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
I said it may be possible, as in, we're going to have to wait until someone actually does it to find out :dw: 700/700 is guaranteed with bolt-ons, sorry to burst your bubble. Evidently your vette just got a whole lot slower :poke:

I am not at all worried about the new Z06 or the GT 500, :thumbsup: my Vette has plenty of surprises for both of them. Not to mention the fact it will be 18 months before we even see one on the street.

You obviously are ford biased I on the other hand am not, I have a C5 and a Lightning and enjoy them both, you your self are claiming the GT is dynoing in the 560 Range with 11 psi and a much more elaborate and radical motor than the GT500 will ever see, but your right for under 50K you will be getting a motor that at 15psi will destroy the GT's numbers. :rollseyes

Most of the bolt on Terminators I see on this site seem to be in the 450 to 500 HP Range, about a 125 RWHP gain from stock, I would expect the same from the GT 500 putting it in the 550 to 575 Range.
I believe there was a poster here "Kennevilla" Sounds like a twin screw there, he is at 495 RWHP I think.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
rphinney said:
I am not at all worried about the new Z06 or the GT 500, :thumbsup: my Vette has plenty of surprises for both of them. Not to mention the fact it will be 18 months before we even see one on the street.

You obviously are ford biased I on the other hand am not, I have a C5 and a Lightning and enjoy them both, you your self are claiming the GT is dynoing in the 560 Range with 11 psi and a much more elaborate and radical motor than the GT500 will ever see, but your right for under 50K you will be getting a motor that at 15psi will destroy the GT's numbers. :rollseyes

Most of the bolt on Terminators I see on this site seem to be in the 450 to 500 HP Range, about a 125 RWHP gain from stock, I would expect the same from the GT 500 putting it in the 550 to 575 Range.
I believe there was a poster here "Kennevilla" Sounds like a twin screw there, he is at 495 RWHP I think.

Guess what, the GT500 has the same major components with regard to power production (heads, valvetrain, lower intake, IC, 2.2L twin screw) as the GT motor. With a max effort stock longblock twin screw swap--which the GT/GT500 come/will come OEM with--and all the bolt-ons 03/04s put out 650rwhp+. You're either living in denial or on another planet :bash:
From the info listed above, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Go back, reread my posts, and learn something.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread