how much HP are you putting to IRS

BonannoDA

Established Member
I have 480 HP and plan the BF IRS brace with 315 Nitto 555r tires. Would love to do complete FTBR kit but install prices killed that idea. So how much HP is everyone putting to their IRS?
What mods have you done to it?
What kind of tires?
Does it see track or dig racing time?

TRBO VNM

Drop me a pm on the install prices for the FTBR install you have received. I am not sure where georgetown PA is, but if you can remove the IRS and bring it to me, I know my install price is low compared to other places.

I know someone local who had 700rwhp going to it and was pulling 1.4x short times.

BonannoDA

Established Member
Its the removal that would be the problem tool/lift wise. Changing the bushings doesn't worry me at all. Yeah I'm sure Id have to wrestle them out but Id rather do that than get killed trying to remove the whole IRS. Thanks though

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Its the removal that would be the problem tool/lift wise. Changing the bushings doesn't worry me at all. Yeah I'm sure Id have to wrestle them out but Id rather do that than get killed trying to remove the whole IRS. Thanks though

I did it with 2 jack stands and a floor jack. I even put it back in without help. It's not hard really but it can seem intimidating until you do it. The IRS is only held in with 4 bolts. The way I did it I just removed the hubs and axles in one piece. No need to even take the axle nuts off that way. PM me if you need some pointers. The most tedious part is installing the grease fittings. You just have to take your time on that and its cake.

I do recommend the tools that Bruce basically rents for $10 ($70 then $60 refunded when returned).

IMAG0895.jpg

IMAG0898.jpg

IMAG0959.jpg

IMAG0966.jpg

Sagittaria

Established Member
Yeah the IRS is a whole lot easier to drop than what it looks to be. Putting it back up can be annoying but with two guys it wasn't that bad.

Off topic: What are those vents on your fenders earico???

rudycobra

Established Member
I did it with 2 jack stands and a floor jack. I even put it back in without help. It's not hard really but it can seem intimidating until you do it. The IRS is only held in with 4 bolts. The way I did it I just removed the hubs and axles in one piece. No need to even take the axle nuts off that way. PM me if you need some pointers. The most tedious part is installing the grease fittings. You just have to take your time on that and its cake.

I do recommend the tools that Bruce basically rents for $10 ($70 then $60 refunded when returned).

IMAG0895.jpg

IMAG0898.jpg

IMAG0959.jpg

IMAG0966.jpg

Did mine same and by myself too . Not bad at all !

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Drop me a pm on the install prices for the FTBR install you have received. I am not sure where georgetown PA is, but if you can remove the IRS and bring it to me, I know my install price is low compared to other places.

I know someone local who had 700rwhp going to it and was pulling 1.4x short times.

Jason, are you talking about Anthony? If so he put that car threw its paces!

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Yeah the IRS is a whole lot easier to drop than what it looks to be. Putting it back up can be annoying but with two guys it wasn't that bad.

Off topic: What are those vents on your fenders earico???

Those are for my new JLT Highboost CAI. Gotta get that air in the fender now. :lol1:

Seriously........they were on the car when I bought it. They are fiberglass.

nol300

Established Member
It will still never understand how people do a pullley, exhaust etc and start running 100HP over stock without ever doing suspension/IRS work first. The first thing before intake exhaust or anything my first 2 parts IRS Brace and full length subframes. I just keep reading threads where everyone is getting around to it eventually just crazy to me.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Also did the ftbr kit my self not to hard &I put a little over 600rwhp throw it on m/t tires &some track time.never had a problem!

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I am putting down a whopping 312hp and she is still holding up. lol

*SVT*

What next?
Established Member
I could do it but don't want to. I'm getting the FTBR kit installed this coming week. The shop is charging me 5 hours @ $81.50 an hour. That includes installing the Ford Racing diff cover too.
Right now I'm putting 452RWHP. I'm aslo adding a 4lb lower pulley and bigger injectors. I should be over 500RWHP when I get it back.

Last edited:

Silverboost

Established Member
I could do it but don't want to. I'm getting the FTBR kit installed this coming week. The shop is charging me 5 hours @ $81.50 an hour. That includes installing the Ford Racing diff cover too.
Right now I'm putting 452RWHP. I'm aslo adding a 4lb lower pulley and bigger injectors. I should be over 500RWHP when I get it back.

Not unless you have a ported eaton. 500 rwhp on a stock unported eaton is not going to happen unless you are on e85

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Did mine on jack stands in my garage too. Fairly straight forward.

Users who are viewing this thread