How much HP do you think this setup has... (G35 TT)

Steve@BAS

Established Member
So I was at the gas station filling up when I heard a turbo car pull in (sounded good, not great, but good), look over and see a stock looking G35.

He pulls upto the pump next to me and is asking how much HP I make before he is even out of his car.

I just round up and say 600 at the wheels. He says, well that is nice, but I make 900. It just sounded like BS, but I talked for a bit and he tells me the tuner he used and gave me a card to that shop. He also said that the tuners facebook had full pics on his build.

I asked him to get on it, and he said it was still in break in so he couldn't.:rolleyes:

So I went home and looked up the company Welcome to S & R Performance - We believe in speed! and went to their facebook and looked at his car in the photo section : "Jay Rodriguez TT Built G35"

S&R Performance's Photos - Jay Rodriguez TT Built G35 | Facebook

The 2 turbos look like Mitsubishi 49179-5200 And it also says it was just completed and is still in break in, so far it sounds like he was telling truth

Anyways, the guy was very nice, but I just wondered if the 900HP claim was real or if he was just ragging on a US car.

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
How does he know it's 900 if it's still in the break in period?

Steve@BAS

Established Member
How does he know it's 900 if it's still in the break in period?

I know!!!!

I am guessing that was his or possibly his tuners estimated HP. And whether or not it is wheel HP or crank HP, who knows.

I looked at the companies website and the turbo kit alone they claim is able to produce 400HP, but he does have a built motor, although nowhere in the pictures do I see them claiming what products, compression ratios, etc etc. Not to mention I know dick about turbos so they might be upgraded/larger turbos.

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
No way it's 900 with a turbo setup like that. My buddy has a TT G35 and I would say that car makes 400-450rwhp, maybe 500 if he's pushing it.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
I figured he was full of it, but glad to get the SVTP seal of approval on it. Well I can't wait to see him again, hopefully he will be harassing a v6 stang or something so I can come and wipe his smug smile off his face!

:p

Last edited:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Says on the facebook pics the turbo kit was upgraded from twin 18gs to twin 20g turbos.

"The Tuner Turbo Kit features larger TD06SH-20G(900hp capable) turbos with a type 32R front mount intercooler."
http://www.jscspeed.com/catalog/Nis...ooler_for_03_06_Nissan_350Z_Infiniti_G35.html

I'm pretty sure they're referring to hp at the crank and not at the wheels. Looks like the kid was just spouting off advertised power ratings he's seen if the car is still in break-in period and hasn't been tuned yet. That 900hp Greddy advertises is probably on max boost on race gas as well.

Last edited:

rb185afm

Established Member
6 cylinder? I don't think so.

Evo's have been over 1000 AWHP on 4 cylinders. ETS already has the new Evo X's aluminum motor to 800+ to the tire with just drop in pistons. So its possible. That said I agree with the above post though. I am betting he is just spouting the turbo's potential numbers. Those kind of numbers are usually shop builds. They just dont last long on the street.

Last edited:

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
I'm pretty sure they're referring to hp at the crank and not at the wheels. Looks like the kid was just spouting off advertised power ratings he's seen if the car is still in break-in period and hasn't been tuned yet. That 900hp Greddy advertises is probably on max boost on race gas as well.

even if its at the crank, im still pretty skeptical about the VQ handling that much.
the VQ is a very well engineered motor (been playing with them forever) , but i dont see a VQ35 handling that much. heck there are youtube videos to this day of 350Z's blowing there tops off anything north of 500hp.
and this guy claims to have almost more than double? :shrug:

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
Evo's have been over 1000 AWHP on 4 cylinders. ETS already has the new Evo X's aluminum motor to 800+ to the tire with just drop in pistons. So its possible. That said I agree with the above post though. I am betting he is just spouting the turbo's potential numbers. Those kind of numbers are usually shop builds. They just dont last long on the street.

4G63 > VQ35/37 :p

Users who are viewing this thread