how much is the stock clutch rated for??

SVTFOREVER2008

Established Member
Hey guys I am getting my car dyno tuned today and was wondering about the rating on the stock clutch. The car is a 2008 with 9800 miles on it and we guessed the car will make 550-580ish. I hear the stock clutch is ok but not the best when it starts to make 600+. When it is time for a clutch what do you guys recommend?

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I toasted my stock clutch only after installing the Kenne Bell. I would beat on it until it fails. Many have gone a long way.

If you want a stock-feel upgraded clutch, look at the McLeod. If you want one you can beat on very hard, look at the Spec. I had both.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I been this route recently lol :) My clutch gave out at about 9k, with track visits, after I started making north of 600+ In truth I think it was a track trip where I sort of screwed up on a burnout that did it in, but I replaced with a Mcleod RXT and I could not be happier.

GT500Redstripe gave me some good thoughts on it, and I bought a RXT from him. I could not be happier with the application.

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
My stock clutch held up to 700rwhp for a year (no track time). I decided to install the Mcleod RXT clutch kit and flywheel. This is a great clutch!! The pedal is effortless and it grabs with every shift! It's acutally a blast to drive!

Users who are viewing this thread