How much power to beat a 500rwp C6Z?

Wild Bill

Established Member
So I got a 2.3 on my cobra @17 lbs.The tune is ok not as good as others as Im making 589rwp on dyno.So on street out here in the 100s its deff feeling like less.Im guessing in the 560s with heat soak.Im going for a bigger filter and maybe offroad x since I dont want to do headers.Im also planning on adding a 2 pound lower.Im thinking this should put me in the 630 range.When I ran a 500rwp C6Z I was fine from a dig till I shut down in 4th but on the roll he was able to still roll out on me.From the 40 roll it took him a little while to get by but at the higher speeds it gets worse.I guess I was hanging ok as it seemed like when I let out around 140 I was 2-3 cars on my best run. So what do you guys think I'll need to stay ahead of one?

KB04Cobra

You're STILL gonna LOSE
Established Member
Keep racing the vette down low. They are sooo much more areodynamic they cut threw the air better than the cobra's. Run him on race gas w/ a 4lb lower, make 650. If you get traction you will own him. If he's only making 500rwhp he's pretty much stock, prob just an intake n tune. Good Luck

Wild Bill

Established Member
Yes Im on drag radials wich is why I was able to win a dig race.He has intake,tune,and headers I think.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Well one way or another you're going to need to find another 50hp to stay ahead on the top end.

Wild Bill

Established Member
600-625.

you'll need a 100 octane tune to hit 630@19#
You got a pretty good tune there.Your @17# right? Wish my numbers were more like yours are you on a 100 octane tune?My original tune was making 605 but was on the lean side.There was no detonation and he was using a tailpipe sniffer so maybe it was a bit off.I wasnt comfortable with that tune so I had it retuned and am now at 589.Wish we had a tuner out here as good as some of you have back east.We have 2 and one doesnt return calls.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Hmmmmmmm... I have a feeling that there's a lot of bench racing going on here. Have any of you come to the conclusions that you did from personal experiences?

I've got 475 RWHP/500 RWTQ and I was at his rear quarter panel the first time and we were almost dead even the second time. We've ran multiple times and the outcome is almost identical every time. He wins by less then 1/2-1 car all the way to 160+ MPH.

And he's taken multiple racing classes on road courses as well as at the strip so I know he can drive. Not that it matters at these speeds from a roll, but just for you individuals in which love making up excuses for others.

Race #1
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=gCeyaL1PmaY"]YouTube - Vet Hntr vs Patricks Z06[/ame]

Race #2
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=2te767F0YNQ"]YouTube - Vet Hntr vs Patricks Z06 part 2[/ame]

badboysbailagnt

Established Member
i beat one by a half of a car to 50-150. he was at 501rwhp i think and im at 644rwhp. This is the same run that i blew half of a electrode off a plug and my iintercooler pump may have not been pumping at the time. Now i mix 110 octane and my pump is good to go now and it does pull harder so im going to have a rematch soon

Wild Bill

Established Member
Yeah this car runs better than a stock one for sure.Also we have much different climate here.Even when we raced around 10pm still at least 100 out so heat soak is a real issue.

badboysbailagnt

Established Member
Yeah this car runs better than a stock one for sure.Also we have much different climate here.Even when we raced around 10pm still at least 100 out so heat soak is a real issue.
make sure you have some race gas in it, those highway pulls are hard on our engines.

Users who are viewing this thread