How much power to beat a 500rwp C6Z?

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
at 474 rwhp my cobra barely put any distance on a LS3 C6 from a roll . . .

That's personal experience . . .

and I Might have put a 1/2 a car on a bone stock 405 C5 Z . . . but that was a short distance kick . . . 2cd gear only maybe

sounds like driver error on that Vette you raced . . .

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I don't get it. You are making 25 more RWHP and 60 lbs. more torque than most bone stock C6 Z06s, and they are 550 lbs. lighter and much more aerodynamic??? Can the Vette guy drive at all?

Directly from my post...

SIr RicCuS said:
And he's taken multiple racing classes on road courses as well as at the strip so I know he can drive. Not that it matters at these speeds from a roll, but just for you individuals in which love making up excuses for others.

AaronK

Established Member
Hmmmmmmm... I have a feeling that there's a lot of bench racing going on here. Have any of you come to the conclusions that you did from personal experiences?

I've got 475 RWHP/500 RWTQ and I was at his rear quarter panel the first time and we were almost dead even the second time. We've ran multiple times and the outcome is almost identical every time. He wins by less then 1/2-1 car all the way to 160+ MPH.

And he's taken multiple racing classes on road courses as well as at the strip so I know he can drive. Not that it matters at these speeds from a roll, but just for you individuals in which love making up excuses for others.

Those videos make me happy :dancenana: What kind of rolls where they from?

04RiceEater

Established Member
just raced one today with a tune, and we were dead even on the first few runs until I got heatsoak on the last few and he pulled about a car up top. All runs were from 60-130. I have 577/522 and he is a very good driver. I think with 600rwhp u should beat a bone stock C6Z by a couple of cars no problem

04RiceEater

Established Member
55 MPH rolls which is his sweet spot for 2nd gear. It was too much for my second gear so I had to start in 3rd.

Nice runs, but something seems a little off with that vet? My car pulls like a mofo and I was shifting like a auto and I couldent shake a C6Z with just a tune? And im sure others have the same stories.

CobraRyan

Banned
when i was making 501/481 with a ported 2.76 upper ONLY i ran door to door with a c6z from 40 all the way to 150. From 130-150 he pulled out like a hood and shut off. We were both quite suprised by the outcome. It was about 60 degrees out...
EDIT: That Z was probably about 450-460 rwhp. With the ported 2.76 i would probably need a 75 shot to stay with the Z up to 150.

Last edited:

04RiceEater

Established Member
when i was making 501/481 with a ported 2.76 upper ONLY i ran door to door with a c6z from 40 all the way to 150. From 130-150 he pulled out like a hood and shut off. We were both quite suprised by the outcome. It was about 60 degrees out...
EDIT: That Z was probably about 450-460 rwhp. With the ported 2.76 i would probably need a 75 shot to stay with the Z up to 150.

Nice runs. Yea it was like 100* here when we ran, I think when winter comes around we will run em again.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Nice runs, but something seems a little off with that vet? My car pulls like a mofo and I was shifting like a auto and I couldent shake a C6Z with just a tune? And im sure others have the same stories.

Maybe the tune just made that much of a difference. :shrug:

And just for the record, I've raced a 565 RWHP Whippled vert and only got pulled by a bumper from 65-150+ MPH. It was FAsnakes; maybe he'll chime in.

Boosted_Cobra.

Matta fact...
Established Member
Get your coupe down to 3400 and make about 515+, should be a very close race until 140+. Add a 50 shot just to seal the deal.

Is the weight that puts us behind them. It also has to do with aero's but those dont start holding weight till 140+ (We have fake side scoops, a higher windsheild....ect)

04RiceEater

Established Member
Maybe the tune just made that much of a difference. :shrug:

And just for the record, I've raced a 565 RWHP Whippled vert and only got pulled by a bumper from 65-150+ MPH. It was FAsnakes; maybe he'll chime in.

Yea, I mean he tuned his own car and is very good at it. Yea I seen FASnakes car and his moves out so your car must be real stong, get a port on that thing and it would b a beast.

KB04Cobra

You're STILL gonna LOSE
Established Member
Hmmmmmmm... I have a feeling that there's a lot of bench racing going on here. Have any of you come to the conclusions that you did from personal experiences?

I've got 475 RWHP/500 RWTQ and I was at his rear quarter panel the first time and we were almost dead even the second time. We've ran multiple times and the outcome is almost identical every time. He wins by less then 1/2-1 car all the way to 160+ MPH.

How much does your car weigh? It must be under 3300lbs... Cause my buddy got an 08 C6Z that weighs under 3200lbs and make 472rwhp BONE stock. So for you to stay next to that Z at speeds up too 160 your car must be pretty light, or the vette guy was spinning or can't drive. Im not trying to :burn: It's just the power to weight ratio doesn't add up.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
How much does your car weigh? It must be under 3300lbs... Cause my buddy got an 08 C6Z that weighs under 3200lbs and make 472rwhp BONE stock. So for you to stay next to that Z at speeds up too 160 your car must be pretty light, or the vette guy was spinning or can't drive. Im not trying to :burn: It's just the power to weight ratio doesn't add up.

I was probably right around 3,475 lbs. back then, but I've done a lot since then...

My Terminator weighs right around 3,285 lbs. once the solid, k-member, and wheels go on.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
my buddy got an 08 C6Z that weighs under 3200lbs and make 472rwhp BONE stock.
I thought they were more like 440rwhp stock :shrug:

I also saw one run a 12.8 :sleeping: on Pass Time yesterday so I think anything's possible. Driver mod is a big factor on any stick shift car. I once left a Ferrari F430 (he used wrong gear) so badly on the freeway that I felt embarrassed for him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread