HOW MUCH POWER YOU GUYS THiNK MY 5.4 FULLY BUILT WILL MAKE?

HKusp

Established Member
You know he doesn't work with them anymore and I get the impression he's not really a fan. I find it interesting that I hit 656 on mine with a Gen2R with a failing boost-a-pump.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
You know he doesn't work with them anymore and I get the impression he's not really a fan. I find it interesting that I hit 656 on mine with a Gen2R with a failing boost-a-pump.

I'll agree with all that.

RE the Trinity vs Gen2 discussion--I hit 643 with my Trinity and no boost a pump on the stock upper and lower pulleys.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
BJ, the guy who worked at/sold for VMP for a decade? lol.. ok.

Its been proven time and time again that the Trinity is a VERY capable TVS blower. A Gen2R will put 20-30hp on it... but not the standard gen2. No chance.

TBH, if i was going for over 800, i wouldnt waste time with with any 2.3 liter blower.
Gen 2 makes more power period.
The 2.3 is the better option in some cases.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
BJ, the guy who worked at/sold for VMP for a decade? lol.. ok.

Its been proven time and time again that the Trinity is a VERY capable TVS blower. A Gen2R will put 20-30hp on it... but not the standard gen2. No chance.

TBH, if i was going for over 800, i wouldnt waste time with with any 2.3 liter blower.
Really? Worked there 4 years. GEN2 and GEN2R were both tested and proven first on my personal car then a number of others in back to back comparison.

I have no love lost for my former employer and have nothing to gain (trust me) by touting their wares. So I can tell you without reservation that you are wrong. And for you to chalk it up to being a sales pitch is patently uninformed.

Carry on.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

68gtscode

Established Member
For the love of god can the OP just get this car on the dyno so we can put his to bed?! I’ll be so bold to say that the type of dyno is likely going to make a bigger difference than the whether it has a VMP Gen2 or a Trinity 2.3…

SCALILOU

Established Member
This is true, there will never be a definitive verdict, only a general idea. Too many other factors, weather Temps, humidity, how far the car is pushed on the dyno, etc. No two dynos are the same, some whisper sweet nothings in your ear and make you feel like the king, others crush your soul with disappointment and make you want to sell your car lol. Even bringing your car back to the same dyno yeilds slightly different results each time.

And comparing on the track has the same problems with outside factors, driver mod, weather Temps, etc.

With that said, I have a kenne bell lol.
For the love of god can the OP just get this car on the dyno so we can put his to bed?! I’ll be so bold to say that the type of dyno is likely going to make a bigger difference than the whether it has a VMP Gen2 or a Trinity 2.3…

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread