How much space between vmp and idler pulleys??

03CobraJack

Established Member
Just installed a vmp on my car . I went with 3.2 upper but the space between the supercharger pulley and the idler pulley (92 mm bf) is really small. Is anyone running with this setup?...any issues with such little space between the two?

I had to install the supercharger pulley and the belt at the same time because the belt doesn't fit through the space.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450558483.757429.jpg

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
what size pulley was on the eaton before, any issues then? I've read they have been a couple different aux pulley brackets made by BF

03CobraJack

Established Member
Had 2.8 on it before, so no issues with clearance.

I've read about the two different brackets. I'm curious though if this setup is "normal". I think I could also remove it?..since the larger pulley doesn't need as much wrap?

Woody6799

Established Member
The bf bracket was designed for the factory eaton with a smaller pulley. You have two options 1) replace the bracket with a metco or steeda bracket or 2) run a smaller idler pulley. I personally run the steeda bracket and it does the job. I wouldn't remove the idler pulley, I would just order a different bracket personally.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Am I missing something? Nothing is hitting and you always want to do whatever you can for the most belt wrap no matter the pulley on the supercharger itself. So this looks good to me.

Maxspeed04svt

Established Member
As long as the pulleys aren't touching each other your fine , what you need to do to get the belt on is slide the idler and belt over the sc pulley at the same time before you tension the belt , then hook the belt around one of the other pulleys to actually install it.

I have the same idler I just had to remove the 100mm and put on a 90mm when I went from the Stock blower to Tvs .

Last edited:

03CobraJack

Established Member
Thanks guys, feedback/reassurance is appreciated

I was a little uneasy about such small clearance between pulleys...as Posi stated the more belt wrap the better so slippage shouldn't be a problem....on to the fuel system and then the tune

Users who are viewing this thread