How much to cut.

1999 SVT Cobra

Established Member
Getting in some 04 stock springs. Looking to lower the car about 1.5-2 inches but I want it to set level not inclined like it is stock. I have been told 3/4 coil in the rear and 1 coil in the front what does everyone else think?

Thanks in advanced

Daniel Hull

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
3/4 rear and 1 up front is a good start. If you want lower then go in 1/4 increments until desired height is acheived

1999 SVT Cobra

Established Member
3/4 rear and 1 up front is a good start. If you want lower then go in 1/4 increments until desired height is acheived

Thanks for the help I just dont wanna bottom out when I go over bumps and what not as this car is my DD as of right now. Plan on buying a new car winter 09 so I can put this one up for some real mods. Thanks again

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
no problem. I got your PM as well. I'll try and link you to some pics.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Thanks for the help I just dont wanna bottom out when I go over bumps and what not as this car is my DD as of right now. Plan on buying a new car winter 09 so I can put this one up for some real mods. Thanks again

Bottoming/scraping is damn near impossible to avoid on these cars while lowered. You'll learn to go over speed bumps and into steep driveways at an angle.

Predatorbird

Established Member
Anyone have pics of our cars with cut springs? All I ever see are pics of 03/04's. I'm thinking about talking my brother into cutting his springs on his 99.

VtekII

Established Member
just curious cuz i dont know but are the 03/04 springs stiffer up front to deal with the extra weight of the motor and intercooler and all that stuff? By the way i have eibach prokit cut half a coil i think with all iso's in.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
1 1/2 coils cut up front..... Rear hasnt been done yet... This is the perfect height upfront

cobra1.gif

cobra6.gif

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
yea they are 01 springs in the front and steedas in the rear... And no, no caster camber plates bizzaro. I have some in the garage i need to install..

Users who are viewing this thread