How much would it cost to get all this stuff put on?

specizripn

Established Member
Ok so I am 100% certain that I would like to keep my IRS, which means I need to beef it up. I have compiled a list of things I would like done, and Im saving so I can do it all at once so I dont have to drop the IRS multiple times.

-Full Tilt Boogie complete bushing kit
-DSS half shafts
-rear tubular upper control arm
-rear tubular lower control arm
-irs differential cover
-Bilstein shocks
-rear coil over kit

What kind of ballpark would I be looking at spending to get all of this installed? I haven't gotten any quotes yet since I haven't started purchasing everything, just trying to get a feel for how bad it would be. If its too pricy I guess I'll have to do it myself but it seems like a pita, thanks.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
Since you are in St Louie why don't you just take your car up to Bruce at FTBR and have his crew do it for you? Then you know for sure it has been installed by the best.

specizripn

Established Member
Since you are in St Louie why don't you just take your car up to Bruce at FTBR and have his crew do it for you? Then you know for sure it has been installed by the best.

Ya I would prefer to have it done by someone experienced, just wondering what it would cost. I'll fork out some extra dough to get it done right but im not made of money :-D
I didn't realize that FTBR was close to me, where are they located?

Last edited:

specizripn

Established Member
Never mind, Bruce from full tilt steered me away from the control arms and half shafts and told me a bushing install would be about $800, question answered.

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
Mine was alittle over 900 installed.. so 800 from the actual company that sells the parts is outstanding!

shurur

Established Member
That sounds more than fair to me..$800 is about what mine cost me......in 2007!!

I'm guessing about 10-12 hours labor??

Last edited:

SpectorV

Established Member
yup as said if I was doing it and I was in their area I would go by, drop it off and hang out and watch/help with it if possible.

otherwise it would probably take someone that doesnt work on them regularly a long time to get it all done.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Bruce did my install over the Winter and if you can wait till Winter he may do yours. As far as I know he does not do installs in his shop is what he told me when I first inquired about FTBR in late 2012. He did mine cause he needed a Terminator to get numbers for the Deluxe Bumpsteer kit but you may want to contact him direct to see.

Links to the install on my car below.

testorossa1989

Established Member
8-12 hours give or take?

That FTBR is not a fun job. Some of that stuff you can do yourself with a friend and save yourself a couple hundred bucks

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Are you just trying to tighten up the rear end? Why do you want all this installed?

I can understand why he steered you clear of the LCA and half shafts. I think if you get the rear under control you would be very unlikely to break the half shafts. And I believe those stock LCA's in the rear are good.

Users who are viewing this thread