How the heck do you change the foglamp bulbs??!?!?

ZXMustang

Banned
you just grab the back of it, twist and pull....

Wrong. I finally broke down and jacked the thing up to get at it. You have to unclip it from the housing, not twist and pull. Also, advance auto parts has the wrong part number in their system. They have it as an H11/9145 and those bulbs are not even CLOSE to fitting in the stock housing. The factory bulb doesnt come up in their system either. I want to replace the stock bulbs with the silverstars to match the HID headlights, but so far I cant find the match.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Actually the fog light bulbs are the same as the new avalanches fog lights. They are H16's I believe, but the 9005 bulb size is what everyone uses to put hid's or new bulbs in for them and they fit perfectly. The H16 bulb hasn't really come out yet, but I did find one company that sells a $450 hid kit for the H16 bulb, but why pay that when you can jsut use the 9005 bulb size

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Wasnt there an issue of the bulbs getting to hot and melting the housing?

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
yea there was....if you get the halogen bulbs that look like they are HID's they melt the housings and warp the plastic light covers....also if you use 50 watt HID's they also melt your housing..if you want to match your hid's go with a 35 watt 4300k 9005 HID kit....I'm going to get 35 watt 6000k h13's for my headlights and 35 watt 6000k 9005's for my fog lights....

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
yea there was....if you get the halogen bulbs that look like they are HID's they melt the housings and warp the plastic light covers....also if you use 50 watt HID's they also melt your housing..if you want to match your hid's go with a 35 watt 4300k 9005 HID kit....I'm going to get 35 watt 6000k h13's for my headlights and 35 watt 6000k 9005's for my fog lights....

that kit has worked well from what I've read:beer:

ZXMustang

Banned
Thanks for the replies gents. I have been finding this out all day searching for the H16s. All the auto part stores have the wrong bulb info in their systems and books. I dont need one because its out, I just wanted to get a silverstar bulb to match my HIDs. Thanks again.

rlhay2

Established Member
I just recently went down this road.

As I am too lazy to re-type everything, it can be found here: [ame=http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3520]Plug and Play HID Foglights - Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum[/ame]

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Thanks for the replies gents. I have been finding this out all day searching for the H16s. All the auto part stores have the wrong bulb info in their systems and books. I dont need one because its out, I just wanted to get a silverstar bulb to match my HIDs. Thanks again.

how did you make out with the silverstars/Sylvania makes some good
shit...lol

Users who are viewing this thread