How things have changed!

nalto

Established Member
No twin screw. No cross drilled brakes. No air splitter. No functional hood vents. they better hurry to production before they end up back at a 4.6 3v.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
You forgot...
No IRS;
No 19" wheels;
and they will probably end up de-contenting the interior (my personal feelings, not even rumor on the interior) to be mostly like a regular Mustang GTs...

Trying not to be negative, but.......what happened to {you're seeing in the show car} "95% of what will make production"... :shrug:

Last edited:

rphinney

Established Member
crispy23c said:
You forgot...
No IRS;
No 19" wheels;
and they will probably end up de-contenting the interior (my personal feelings, not even rumor on the interior) to be mostly like a regular Mustang GTs...

Trying not to be negative, but.......what happened to {you're seeing in the show car} "95% of what will make production"... :shrug:

Take it easy Crispy, you where seeing 95%, the car still has steering, a fuel tank, 4 seats, a ford logo, and all the windows are exactly as they where on the show car, feel better? :shrug:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Is this true? I had read the Twin screw production number excuse, and expected the cross drill drop, but now no functional scoops?

SGL

Banned
nalto said:
No twin screw. No cross drilled brakes. No air splitter. No functional hood vents. they better hurry to production before they end up back at a 4.6 3v.

Not to worry, the hood will show up on the V6 in 2009 and wheels on the GT in 2008. Consider yourself lucky if Ford doesn't put drum brakes on that beautiful solid axle. :lol:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
serpentnoir said:
Not to worry, the hood will show up on the V6 in 2009 and wheels on the GT in 2008. Consider yourself lucky if Ford doesn't put drum brakes on that beautiful solid axle. :lol:

I am glad they are going with the 18's, I think anything bigger is ricey!

01L2Cobra

Banned
I hope the next thing they drop is HTT. Maybe then SVT can get someone who knows what the hell they are doing. HTT doesn’t seem to be more than a follower from what I have seen. The concept GT500 is not all that impressive and I bet Shelby had more to do with it than HTT did.

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
I hope the next thing they drop is HTT. Maybe then SVT can get someone who knows what the hell they are doing. HTT doesn’t seem to be more than a follower from what I have seen. The concept GT500 is not all that impressive and I bet Shelby had more to do with it than HTT did.

Shelby had ~nothing to do with the concept, regardless of what anyone claims. I'm not saying HTT isn't responsible for a single thing, but people should realize Ford is a business, and the conditions of business ain't good. Sometimes in the course of trying to build something shit goes wrong and stuff gets scrapped. For all we know, he could be dying for X or Y to be on the car, but it ain't his money. Responsibility to shareholders>dream cars.

If I'm walking up to the 12th floor, I don't wanna be telling the OCCEO "hey bill, we're gonna have to lose a few mil more because the internet is mad".

btw, this is all just idle speculation, and for all we know, things could change and the screw type could end up back on the car... 19's were unrealistic anyways, and drilled rotors aren't particularly good for the track anyways, they just look nice...

01L2Cobra

Banned
I wish Coletti was sill the head of SVT. We would be getting a totally different and better car than the GT500 and it would already be here. But it seems to me that the problems with the GT caused his decision to retire.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
I wish Coletti was sill the head of SVT. We would be getting a totally different and better car than the GT500 and it would already be here. But it seems to me that the problems with the GT caused his decision to retire.

what makes you think that Coletti's hands wouldn't be tied the same way that HTT's are? :shrug:

it's a struggle to get musclecars into production and we should be thankful for what we get

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
01L2Cobra said:

You don't know how Ford works. We'll leave it at that.

AbusiveWombat

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
Well most of its compeditors will eat it a live in the corners.

Would these be the competitors?

Motortrend Slalom figures:
2005 Mustang GT: 66.1 mph (SRA, $25,000)
2005 Saleen S281: 69.9 mph (SRA, $43,100)

2005 M3 Competition Package: 66.6 mph (IRS, $54,000)
2004 G35 Sport: 65.2mph (IRS, $31,500)
2005 Lancer Evolution RS: 69.3 mph (IRS, AWD, $29,000)
2004 350Z Track: 68.0 mph (IRS, $34,900)
2005 GTO: 63.6 mph (IRS, $34,300)
2005 WRX STI: 69.7 mph (IRS, AWD, $33,700)

The Saleen is a good example of the possiblities, considering that the MGT is a fairly cushy ride when compared with an EVO, STi, or 350z track. Are you sure about "eaten alive in the corners"?

jshen

Established Member
The DBK said:
Shelby had ~nothing to do with the concept, regardless of what anyone claims. I'm not saying HTT isn't responsible for a single thing, but people should realize Ford is a business, and the conditions of business ain't good. Sometimes in the course of trying to build something shit goes wrong and stuff gets scrapped. For all we know, he could be dying for X or Y to be on the car, but it ain't his money. Responsibility to shareholders>dream cars.

If I'm walking up to the 12th floor, I don't wanna be telling the OCCEO "hey bill, we're gonna have to lose a few mil more because the internet is mad".

btw, this is all just idle speculation, and for all we know, things could change and the screw type could end up back on the car... 19's were unrealistic anyways, and drilled rotors aren't particularly good for the track anyways, they just look nice...

If it's about money, I think it would be easier to sell a price increase than a power/equipment decrease. Even make the twin screw, cross drill brakes an option...I know I'd buy in.

I am genuinely concerned that if Ford doesn't sell a lot of these...Ford mgt may think it isn't profitable..and drop the super muscle car. If it comes with what some see as substandard features from the show car..it might not sell and if they sit on lots...We all will suffer. Again, I don't mind paying extra to get the product I want...with a warranty.. :beer:

01L2Cobra

Banned
Those numbers prove nothing about the GT500. It will be the heviest in its class and it will be slower than the STI, EVO RS, or the 350Z Track in the slalom. Look at the 03 and 01 Cobra the 03 got a big power upgrade and some IRS upgrades yet runs slightly slower than the 01 in the slalom. As far as the Saleen goes its after market. Do you think that the rest of those cars cant imporve on their numbers with after market equipment?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread