Last edited by a moderator:

hotcobra03

Established Member
Look here

Look here

03' White Snake

Established Member
Quick instructions:
Remove bolt holding fuel filler neck to tank. Remove hose connections onto the filler neck.

Remove connections from purge valve/canister on drivers side rear.

Loosen tank straps. Support tank on a jack, hopefully you have 1/4 tank or less of fuel. Lower tank slowly.

Unplug evap hose on the front drivers side of the tank. Might have a little plastic locking device you need to remove first. Is either white or yellow.
Lower as much as it will let you. Unplug the fuel hat.

Then is the fun part of removing the fuel line from the hat or filter. This will require a special fuel line disconnect tool. HF, Autozone or any parts store carry them. The metal ones work better than the plastic ones. Flip open the metal holding device, slide tool onto line. Push in and turn the tool and pull the line off. I think it was 5/16 if I remember but could be wrong. This is the hardest part.

Double check both electrical connections are in plugged.

Lower the drivers side of the tank first, once low enough, slide tank off the filler neck being careful not to break the tip off. After it’s down, slide it out. Check the filler neck spring works freely.

Blow off the tank with air. Remove the hat screws. Slowly lift the hat. You will need to pop the float rod from the sending unit. Be careful not to break it. Use a small flat head screwdriver, install close to the top near the holding device and pop it out. I rotate the screwdriver trying not to twist and it comes out.

Then lift the hat and twist to get the pump socks out of the tank. Then replace the pumps. You can cut all the lines and do a PPRV delete at this time. Then put it all back together.

LS WUT

Established Member
Quick instructions:
Remove bolt holding fuel filler neck to tank. Remove hose connections onto the filler neck.

Remove connections from purge valve/canister on drivers side rear.

Loosen tank straps. Support tank on a jack, hopefully you have 1/4 tank or less of fuel. Lower tank slowly.

Unplug evap hose on the front drivers side of the tank. Might have a little plastic locking device you need to remove first. Is either white or yellow.
Lower as much as it will let you. Unplug the fuel hat.

Then is the fun part of removing the fuel line from the hat or filter. This will require a special fuel line disconnect tool. HF, Autozone or any parts store carry them. The metal ones work better than the plastic ones. Flip open the metal holding device, slide tool onto line. Push in and turn the tool and pull the line off. I think it was 5/16 if I remember but could be wrong. This is the hardest part.

Double check both electrical connections are in plugged.

Lower the drivers side of the tank first, once low enough, slide tank off the filler neck being careful not to break the tip off. After it’s down, slide it out. Check the filler neck spring works freely.

Blow off the tank with air. Remove the hat screws. Slowly lift the hat. You will need to pop the float rod from the sending unit. Be careful not to break it. Use a small flat head screwdriver, install close to the top near the holding device and pop it out. I rotate the screwdriver trying not to twist and it comes out.

Then lift the hat and twist to get the pump socks out of the tank. Then replace the pumps. You can cut all the lines and do a PPRV delete at this time. Then put it all back together.
This is exactly why I love SVTP. Full of knowledge. Appreciate this write up, I’ll be swapping my fuel pumps for upgrades for E85 soon.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Spraying some WD-40 or the like into the fuel line fitting helps break things loose sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread