How to install export tail lights?

milktasd2

Established Member
so I have been looking for write ups on wiring in export tail lights, all the links are dead that I have found. Anybody have an active links or tips? Mine did come with harnesses and bulbs.

More Cowbell

Established Member
You're in for a treat! You'll have to wire in pigtails to the exports that match what you have on the car. I can't remember what the part number is off hand nor am I having luck googling it right now. There's a few guides still up.

Mustang 1994-1995 Export Taillight Installation

Mustangworld - Installing a set of Cobra tail lights

Make sure you use all incandescent lights in the assembly as LEDs will not work from my experience.

There's a wire under the dash that you need to cut as well as you needing to replace the flasher relay with a trailering unit most likely.

Good luck and make sure you have a plan before taking it all apart.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I had one hell of a time finding information on the break interrupt wire. It's in the drivers kick panel harness and that is as much as I remember. Other than that the wiring isn't too bad

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Mustang 1994-1995 Export Taillight Installation

I used that one as a guide.
However, I had the guy I bought the exports from get me the bodyside harness as well from the donor car (Middle East), for a plug and play type install.

Using mine as a guide, I also made/modified the bodyside harness for another local guy who put exports on his car.

Users who are viewing this thread