How to join Motor City Terminators?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Hey guys, how do I join this car club? Is there a fee or anything I pay to register with the club or a certain qualification that needs to be met?

I do not have a Terminator, but I have a supercharged 5.0.. if that counts for anything and my Dad has a 1979 cobra haha.

I'm in Livonia too.

Thanks!

Blksnke

Established Member
there is no formal sign up and we are looking at maybe making it MCT 2.0 to include all fast mustang enthusiats. a lot of the original have sold their terminators and have left the group.

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Just come out and hang with the group. Usually find some of us at WFH MOCSOM event and at the WDC.

mustangcobratim

wannatry?
Established Member
Just come out and hang with the group. Usually find some of us at WFH MOCSOM event and at the WDC.

Ya same here! I got my termi last memorial day in 2012 . Its my fifth cobra . But first termi. Keep me posted as to any gatherings this summer. I'm in. I live in macomb Twp. Right off hall road.. right now I'm adding the 2.9 whipple as well as it running on corn power! Name is Tim just text me 586-713-0993

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

1997Cobra

Established Member
Motor City Mustangs? :shrug:

What he said ^

I'm pretty much against using the word "Terminator" in a club name if it will include other Mustangs. Look at me for example. I do not have a Terminator, and completely avoided this forum for a long time for that reason! I feel like "Terminator" will massively limit the audience of this new group.

[/myopinion]

RickJay

Established Member
What he said ^

I'm pretty much against using the word "Terminator" in a club name if it will include other Mustangs. Look at me for example. I do not have a Terminator, and completely avoided this forum for a long time for that reason! I feel like "Terminator" will massively limit the audience of this new group.

[/myopinion]

Much as I hate to admit it ( Motor City Terminators sound so cool! ) I would tend to agree. I do feel however that Motor City Mustangs is too "plain Jane" I guess.
I would like something that embraces the "Bad Ass-ness" of The Terminator moniker without alienating other high performance Mustang owners.

Unfortunately, I'm not real creative when it comes to making up names and stuff like that, so others more talented than I in that area will have to contribute

1997Cobra

Established Member
I know what you're saying about the image of the terminator name. Sadly, I am also not very creative in the sense

At first I thought about something to do with snakes, but that kind of cuts the gts out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

RickJay

Established Member
Well, it doesn't really matter that much to me as long as Y'all don't settle on like the Numbnuts or something like that I'm in !!
I just want to hang out and socialize with other Mustang enthusiasts, they don't have to own a Cobra. I have a 91 GT I've been tinkering with for years As well anyway

1997Cobra

Established Member
Well, it doesn't really matter that much to me as long as Y'all don't settle on like the Numbnuts or something like that I'm in !!
I just want to hang out and socialize with other Mustang enthusiasts, they don't have to own a Cobra. I have a 91 GT I've been tinkering with for years As well anyway

That is exactly my point! I'd rather have it where everyone will join and not feel out of place :dw:

RickJay

Established Member
so, now I guess my question would be what did the motor city terminators do? Was it just random group gatherings? Or did they do more?

BlackSnk & Det_Roit seem to be the most knowledgeable about the former organization, apparently they were members?
I usually think a lot better over some Burgers and Brews.....

Det_riot

Established Member
Negative sir, never apart of MCT. Just always around Woodward to know what's going on. Giotti started the actual motor. City terminator name

1997Cobra

Established Member
BlackSnk & Det_Roit seem to be the most knowledgeable about the former organization, apparently they were members?
I usually think a lot better over some Burgers and Brews.....

Me too!

Negative sir, never apart of MCT. Just always around Woodward to know what's going on. Giotti started the actual motor. City terminator name
Not totally true, he got the gatherings going, they collectively decided on the name from what I understand.

The reason I ask is because I would be game for starting something back up, but I don't always have a ton of time. I don't want to disappoint anyone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

TRMNTR

Established Member
I was late in joining the group so I don't know all of the history, but I was told that the club was started back in 2003 by George and JR. The club is open to anyone who appreciates Terminators. Ownership is not required.

I would be interested in getting the group more active again.

Users who are viewing this thread