• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

How to lower your clutch pedal for quicker, firmer, shifts and performance driving.

Discussion in 'How-To' started by LargeOrangeFont, Aug 21, 2006.

1. LargeOrangeFont

LargeOrangeFont Raise your fist in resist Established Member

The flange on the cable is round, just make it a D shape towards the valve cover

2. utfan98

utfan98 Lack of Restraint Established Member

Special thanks to go out to Large.....I completed the MM pedal height install today. I have to say muuuuuuch better. You definately need Steed's quick release vs. Fiore's component. I tried both and adjusted both, Fiore's did not allow the trans to get into reverse as easy, no matter the adjustment. It also engaged and release immediately off the floor without smooth shifting.

Instead of installing a new cable (only to save time), mine was just fine. I bought a new on from Steve for $40. Die grinded the end off, removed the black piece with the tabs. Cut the tabs off and filed it smooth. I then took a side cutting bit on a Dremel and increased the ID of the plastic piece to barely accept the clutch cable already installed on the car.

I got creative with cutting the side of the round portion if the clutch cable to clear the valve cover (it really did not need it even considering engine movement). I outlined the side of the PVC and valve cover, and cut it to shape to make it look like a fit piece.

I recommend this mod to anyone who does a FWA and quad.

3. 2003 Silver

2003 Silver Banned

I have the freeplay mod, Fiore Micro Click adjuster and UPR quandrant and just installed the MM pedal height adjustor. We had really bad problems getting it into reverse and had to do many, many clicks to get it to work and at that point it felt like I have to ride the clutch forever to get it to go. Help me please before I drive it thru a wall on purpose. Secondly, at wot I have trouble getting it into third...it goes, but nowhere near as easily as it did prior to my pedal height mod install.

BTW...I want to keep the pedal height mod as my left knee has tendonitis and this mod made it basicly unnoticeable when shifting.

4. utfan98

utfan98 Lack of Restraint Established Member

It sounds like you need a Steeda quick release and a proper adjustment of the clutch.

Difficulty getting into gear (if your clutch is still good) sounds like the clutch is not fully disengaging. I do not know the ramp slope on the UPR, the MM pedal height adjustor works much better with the Steeda quad. Do what this thread says, it will work.

5. 2003 Silver

2003 Silver Banned

I have a new clutch..the whole nine yards. Can someone summarize exactly what I need to do??

6. LargeOrangeFont

You need to buy the steeda QR quadrant before you go any farther. You can't get into 3rd or reverse because you aren't getting enough clutch fork travel with the lowered pedal. To put it another way, the clutch is not releasing enough. The QR quadrant will give more clutch fork travel with the same amount of pedal travel and solve your problem.

jterm04 likes this.
  7. 2003 Silver

2003 Silver Banned

Thanks I will order one now. Do I still need to perform the other mods in regards to the washers etc. once I get the steeda?

8. LargeOrangeFont

I would do that with any quadrant.

9. 2003 Silver

2003 Silver Banned

Alrighty, thanks! I'll have to print the entire thread lol!!:idea:

10. 2003 Silver

2003 Silver Banned

One last thing....can I still use my stock cable?? I saw in here where I might need a new one....

11. Sniperdog

Sniperdog Less than Premium Member Established Member

would not recomend getting new (aftermarket) cable, they are junk, use stock cable,

12. LargeOrangeFont

You can use your stock cable, but you might have to make a spacer for it. Otherwise you will have the firewall adjuster screwed out alot.

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  13. 2003 Silver

2003 Silver Banned

No offense, but I don't know what the heck you said after the word..."cable,"

14. LargeOrangeFont

Sorry, typo.

I edited the original post.

Look at the pictures of the firewall adjusters on the first page. Specifically the wrong way versus the right way and you will see the spacer I am refering to. I used the OEM parts as the spacer. Alternatively, you can easily make a spacer of your own.

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  15. payjota

payjota 03 Cobra Established Member

Question

Great wright up!!

Installed everything and now awaiting tranny install.

Thanks

03 Cobra

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  16. 69Mach1351w

69Mach1351w Member Established Member

based on the pictures, the fiore quad, looks like the same ramping as the steeda. I may purchase the steeda, and if its a steeper ramp ill keep it, otherwise i guess ill send it back

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still think my tranny is just built on a friday

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  17. JB

JB beautiful loser Established Member

they're different profiles

I'm not sure what the work week is like in Mexico, although I believe mine may have been done by a night shift.........it has NOCHE hand-painted on the top of the case

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  18. Ellik

Ellik New Member Established Member

reading this thread, I just bought the MM clutch height adjuster to go with the stack of parts for my T56 swap. I already purchased the Steeda Firewall Adjuster and the Steeda Double Hook Quadrant. Should I ditch the double hook for the Quick Release?

19. LargeOrangeFont

Yes.

20. Tedisky

Tedisky Need more Money!!!!! Established Member