how to make 500whp without porter blower?

CustomX

Established Member
I know Jimmy, but haven't seen him since around 2006, at Atco. Great guy. How's he doing, if you know? How about Dom?

That's a funny story. I remember back then the many claims of 500rwhp with a non-ported Eaton. Pretty much all of them were from happy dynos. In some cases the owners were surprised when they hit the track and found their slips didn't match the claimed power. .

Oh, and I'm not GETTING old. I AM old! LOL.

Yup, I remember a guy claiming his non ported car made 501rwhp but it only trapped 119 mph lol. FWIW my eaton car traps 128-129 so I'd say it's on par with the power it makes

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
540/570 will definitely get the job done. You have a nice setup, aided by the corn. Any video's?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Haha. You also were part of the good ol days when the cobra came out. How awesome was that!! You remember how jimmys character was right, imagine him telling the guy he would pay for the runs lol. This was when the very first port came out for the cobra. Brian from APTEN. That shows you how long this was. Jimmy was just the best. Anytime you saw a group of people in a circle laughing and getting along, yep, jimmy was in the center. The last time I saw jimmy was when big joe still was the owner of mustang magic. Nobody has seen him since. I really hope he is doing well. I tried calling him a few times but no answer. even venomous john, we all tried calling him and no answer. That group that formed in 2003 when the cobra came out, here in new york, new jersey and ct, its gone. The best people I have met. They were all pioneers and I was glad to have met them. But as far as the happy dyno's, I have seen a lot of drama. I won't even get into it. I know a lot of shit haha. But bob, as long as your healthy and still going, that is what matters!!

And you nailed it on the head when you said the owners were mad when the slips didn't match the power they were making. I have seen certain mustangs that claimed they had 900rwhp, 950rwhp. 800rwhp 03 cobras. They showed up at our dyno day, made less power, made a few calls, yelling, went to a track rental and the cars didn't even come close to the "950" rwhp sheet. and these cars had the best of the best parts and amazing drivers. so. You have seen it yourself!

Definitely a lot of Cobra history here. I was too young to really be in the scene back then. College freshman just enjoyed the car and tried to stay away from you hooligans. Plus is wasn't a real Cobra. Either way MM had a lil happy dyno for a bit. My first swap made 470 with a 3.0 upper only in 05 lmao. Seem to be more on point these days.

Miss Big Joe dude is a legend, was so young going there and learned a **** ton from him. New Joe is cool and standing behind their **** ups but some of the younger guys there scare me with their work. Like serious newbie **** ups. I usually do my own work but wanted them to button up a project and its been a shit show. Been having some serious issues with things and never sorted out after over a year of the car being there months at a time. Spend more time undoing shoddy work than I would have just doing myself in the first place. Sad since the new Joe seems like a stand up guy. Seems finding good mechanics are hard to find these days. I'm close with Real Speed too and he shut down for awhile while trying to find a good tech.

Users who are viewing this thread