How to reset TPS voltage?

0310thstock

Established Member
I have an idle problem and just wanted to understand how you guys reset the TPS voltage. A previous post said he used a scanner. What kind of a scanner?
I don't have a handheld. Thanks in advance for info.

NFCstang

I probably don't like you
Established Member
If you have a voltmeter you can use two pins to pierce the coating on the wiring off the tps.

If it's out of the range (I believe it to be .96-.98) with ignition on, but car off, you can unscrew the tps and turn in and adjust the voltage that way.

I think there's a way to data log on the Predator/Xcal2 as well

Last edited:

mooch91

Established Member
I used a Snap-On scan tool. The Predator tuner will also show the data.

Like NFCstang said, piercing the wires to the TPS and reading with a voltmeter is an option. I would suggest a search for the right wires to pierce.

tpapenberg

Established Member
The computer resets the calibration for the idle closed position everytime you start the car. The idle postion TPS voltage could be .9 to 1.1v,etc... it doesn't matter since the computer will use that voltage as idle set position. Moving the TPS senser will get you no where on idle control... Well unless its a bad sensor of course (but then you may have a SES light).

Best way to tune the idle issues is to fully tune the daspot/idle air/spark tables. You can also maybe fix it with the throttle postion screw on the TB if the idle isn't too far off.

Last edited:

mooch91

Established Member
The computer resets the calibration for the idle closed position everytime you start the car. The idle postion TPS voltage could be .9 to 1.1v,etc... it doesn't matter since the computer will use that voltage as idle set position. Moving the TPS senser will get you no where on idle control... Well unless its a bad sensor of course (but then you may have a SES light).

Best way to tune the idle issues is to fully tune the daspot/idle air/spark tables. You can also maybe fix it with the throttle postion screw on the TB if the idle isn't too far off.

Unless something was stuck, making the adjustment did work for me. I moved the TPS voltage from 1.02 - 1.03V at idle down to 0.98V and a "hanging idle" issue I had was resolved. Again, may have just been the mechanical process of moving the TPS that got something unstuck, but this was my experience.

There was some evidence on the forums of a need to have the TPS voltage in the 0.96 - 0.98V range when closed. Not a lot of indication of exactly why, but I used that as a specification when I adjusted mine.

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Mine was at 0.95 and idled fine but tip in on the throttle it hesitated I now have it at .98 and it is smooth ans can be. Also I used my aeroforce gauge to dial it in.

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
adjusting the TPS voltage to .98 fixed some problems for me too but it's somewhat of a PITA to do by yourself... and the sensor is VERY touchy when moved.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Sorry to bring this back from the dead but I used my aeroforce gauge to dial in my tps voltage as well and while doing so i was looking at throttle position and the gauge says 17% as in the computer is thinking the throttle blades are 17% open. When I do this the car wants to idle at 1700 rpm then while I let her warm up or give her a little gas she will sometimes stall out or the revs will dip in amd out......any solutions

Users who are viewing this thread