How to tell One has Food Poisoning.

Cruzer

11 Second 2V
Established Member
Unfortunately, if it is some kind of food poisoning, there's not much you can do but let it run it's course. Just make sure to stay hydrated and drink as much fluids as you possibly can. It could very well be food poisoning, as this is much more common than a lot of people realize. Luckily it is usually not too big of a deal. From my experience this usually doesn't last too long, maybe 24-48 hours at the absolute most. If it is still going on through tomorrow I would go see a doctor. Good luck!

Wow, food poisoning lasting 10 days? I suppose anything is possible but I've never heard of it lasting that long. I guess it may depend on the type of bug you picked up. Sounds like you had more than food poisoning going on though.

Thanks alot, I am feeling a lot better, still havent eatin anything all day, been drinking a little. I'm sure that it will be gone by tomarrow. Well hoping. Thanks again everyone!!!

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I had food poisoning last feb. of a business trip. At around 6pm I ate a frito chili pie at a truck stop( Yes I know I'm a giant douche for even thinking about a FCP.) At around 3am I run to the pot and grap the trash can at the same time. 6 minutes, 5-7 gallons, and 1 roll of tp the first wave was over. It repeated every 45minutes for the next 6 hours until I decided that I needed to make the 8hr drive home with my co workers. I was lucky that it had slowed and the waves hit me every 2 hrs instead of the 45 minute thing.

About the worst day in my life. I love telling the story for some reason.

wundrbird

Proud Father
Established Member
Sorry to hear, Man. Keep drinking the ginger ale if it's staying down. Need to stay hydrated and will give you a few calories. Def food poison or possibly a stomach bug. Had one similar to yours, spraying out of both ends. Wrenching so hard I had to re-set the toilet the next day! Seemed like I pulled/strained every muscle in my back, back hasn't been the same since, and that was 11 years ago.

Feel better.

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
Yep sounds like food poisoning to me! Same happened to me after eating mcdonald's 2 years back. lasted about 24 hours, same symptoms. Havn't eaten MC's since then and don't at all plan to. In fact, just their logo makes me sick now.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
definitely sounds like it. I had a battle with it. Mine stayed with me for a whole day, and the very last part of it, I got super super hot, felt like I was on fire. That lasted for about 5 minutes, and then it stopped. I never felt that way before.

pork is the worst, if it isn't cooked properly, or even kept warm properly, that shit will **** you up.

Sapperstang

Established Member
Sounds like that food was bad. I was like that once and my roomate had to take me to the hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread