How will the NEW GT500 affect the value of previous generations?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
There is a black 2011 500 with 20K miles going for 32K at a dealership near me. Caught my eye while was helping my buddy shop/buy his 2018 PP II.

That’s a good deal. Speaking of 18’s saw an orange fury the other day man I like that color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
IMO if this new 500 looks anything at all like the other 2015+ s550's then to me the value of the s197's and a lot of prior models should go up. while they may not have as much hp and tq, or a big bulge in the hood, or a big trunk fin/spoiler, or more solid suspension, or plusher interior, or IND-ish looking add ons, or more air vents, or a fancy non-maunal transmission, or a longer front end, or a hatchback look, or whatever else this new thing will/might have, I have a feeling many will be better looking based on what I see in spy shots and camo test mules, marketing teases, etc. just my opinion, of course.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
There is a black 2011 500 with 20K miles going for 32K at a dealership near me. Caught my eye while was helping my buddy shop/buy his 2018 PP II.

For shits and giggles i watch carmax and they dont last long there and the prices are pretty reasonable

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
This was at Autonation, joe Myers had a nice black 11/12 500 as well, someone had already done 13/14 tail lights

Damn now that sounds good. Saw a couple of gt500s over the weekend on the seawall. Those suckers sounded fantastic

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
What is everyone's opinion on what will happen to the value of previous GT500 models when the new one is released? It sounds like it will be an absolute monster right from the factory.

My guess is prices will come down a decent percent (10-20%) due to the market flooding with previous Gen cars. Seeing a large influx of the most recent gen GT500 will also help to drop the price of all other generations as well. Similar to what happens with C5z > c6z > c7z pricing.
Who knows. So far the new GT500 has been elusive. I'm not sure Ford themselves has seen the new 500 outside of the CGI version.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The new one will surely be priced out of a lot of people's budgets so I could see the possibility of the new GT500 causing a lot of people with lower budgets (like me) to want to get their hands on any GT500. That's sort of how I was. I really wanted a 13-14 GT500 but obviously couldn't afford it so I got one I could afford. So the new one could create enough buzz that demand for the old ones could rise somewhat.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
wheres the info on this new GT500?
Most info available states 5.2 CPC Engine with the same blower as the Demon and new ZR1. Chassis based on the 350 with all the tech and updates available on the 18+ cars such as LCD dash, 10spd auto etc...

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
They had an orange fury, incredible color, he ended up with lightning blue.

Love lightning blue as well. If I were buying a 2018 my choices would be orange fury, lightning blue, and that grey color. With a 10-speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
IMO if this new 500 looks anything at all like the other 2015+ s550's then to me the value of the s197's and a lot of prior models should go up. while they may not have as much hp and tq, or a big bulge in the hood, or a big trunk fin/spoiler, or more solid suspension, or plusher interior, or IND-ish looking add ons, or more air vents, or a fancy non-maunal transmission, or a longer front end, or a hatchback look, or whatever else this new thing will/might have, I have a feeling many will be better looking based on what I see in spy shots and camo test mules, marketing teases, etc. just my opinion, of course.

Lol I'm not picking on you but ever since I have been paying attention to Mustangs, people have been saying this, since at least the S197 face lift.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Most info available states 5.2 CPC Engine with the same blower as the Demon and new ZR1. Chassis based on the 350 with all the tech and updates available on the 18+ cars such as LCD dash, 10spd auto etc...

The 5.2 is kinda torque less, even with a blower isn't it? So it'll be 700hp/550tq?

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
Lol I'm not picking on you but ever since I have been paying attention to Mustangs, people have been saying this, since at least the S197 face lift.

LOL, i know i know, no worries- i too have been hearing the same things since the new s550 came out in 2015, since the s197, etc......i guess it is because i have moreso spoken with generally 'older' crowds that think more like me and tend to like the older mustangs moreso than the s550's...to me, the s550 is not as attractive looking as 2014's and prior (presumably because they started selling them overseas and had to cater to a different crowd of enthusiasts??? i dunno, just speculation as to why it looks the way it does). this past weekend at the American Muscle show once again confirmed my favor for the pre-s550 styling----with all types of mustangs in attendance, the newer ones just did not attract my attention aesthetically.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
I think the prices won't change much from where they are now. Even though there are newer versions, it's still what it is.

I think I tend to agree with this sentiment. I have always been of the opinion that things are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. I feel like the prices we see these days will stay relatively stagnant for at least a while. The new kid on the block, well, that will likely be pretty high without any limiting factors imposed by Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread