How will the NEW GT500 affect the value of previous generations?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I’m almost positive @SID297 stated in another thread he thought values would actually come up on the Shelby’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trinity is a good bet for appreciation for some time to come. I'd look for the 07-09 cars to depreciate even more (until people figure out what kind of bargain they are).

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Shelby was technically on board since the 2007 GT500.

Correct. But I believe he had more play in the 13 GT500 if I remember correctly. Didn’t SVT design the 07 run it by him for his stamp of approval then cut him a check?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with the 13-14s keeping their value higher as they are Carrol Shelby Gt500s

As in, Carrol Shelby was alive at the same time the car was produced?

Hasn't exactly helped with these sick puppies.

shelby-csx.jpg

Trinity is a good bet for appreciation for some time to come. I'd look for the 07-09 cars to depreciate even more (until people figure out what kind of bargain they are).

Meh, 07-09 cars are U G L Y, and the interiors are worse then the New Edge. If anything the car makes a Cobra look like a bargain.

Shelby was technically on board since the 2007 GT500.

As in "Hey, are you cool with us using your name and giving you a big check". Please show me one thing he designed or changed on any of these cars.

Coletti actually had real impact in the design and production of the vehicles he was involved with. The whole Shelby thing is the epitome of marketing hype.

Correct. But I believe he had more play in the 13 GT500 if I remember correctly. Didn’t SVT design the 07 run it by him for his stamp of approval then cut him a check?

Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
As in, Carrol Shelby was alive at the same time the car was produced?

Hasn't exactly helped with these sick puppies.

View attachment 1495997

Meh, 07-09 cars are U G L Y, and the interiors are worse then the New Edge. If anything the car makes a Cobra look like a bargain.

As in "Hey, are you cool with us using your name and giving you a big check". Please show me one thing he designed or changed on any of these cars.

Coletti actually had real impact in the design and production of the vehicles he was involved with. The whole Shelby thing is the epitome of marketing hype.

Exactly.

No disrespect to the man, he contributed considerably in 60s. Regarding the 07-14 500s, Shelby had one foot in the grave when these cars rolled out, only thing he gave to the development of the 500 was his blessing/namesake for a kings ransom.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Shit maybe they wont drop much more. Here is a local modded 2010 with 26K miles for $26K.

2010 Ford Shelby GT500

LOL "I primarily wanted a car with good passing power to avoid having to wind a car out for safe two lane passes." Also, wants to trade for equally valued house???

edit: also, WTF w/ "Sling Rod" bumper sticker?

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

Quote from the article:

"Carroll Shelby wanted the average working guy to be able to buy the cars that he developed..."

and

"Gene Martindale, Lead Development Engineer, said, “if the car can survive here, it can pretty much survive anywhere.” Carroll Shelby raced at this track for years and was at the track on October 17th through October 19th, 2011 for the three days of durability testing. He was also available for the whole process of vehicle development as he was for every car that bore his name. “He is more than a guy with his name on the car”, said Martindale. “ Carroll Shelby is our inspiration, he is our spiritual leader.” "

I have every confidence that the new GT500 will be far and away a performance powerhouse, adding to an already amazing S550 platform. However, the fact that Carroll Shelby was involved with the S197 GT500 in some form or fashion will help these cars be a little more special than the average performance Mustang.

The 2019/2020 GT500 will have some big shoes to fill, and a monstrous legacy to uphold. I think that the new Snake will do just fine and make an incredible legacy all on its own. As a current GT500 owner, I cant wait to see the new GT500 and welcome it to the family of Ford Racing.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
So.... you agree, he had nothing to do with these cars? That is basically the entire article, the car was "inspired by" and Shelby thought the car was really cool. Hell, I endorse the new Porsche 911 Turbo - doesn't mean I had anything to do with it.

Carroll Shelby raced at this track for years (40 years ago!) and was at the track on October 17th through October 19th (and he didn't even drive it in 2011!), 2011 for the three days of durability testing. He was also available for the whole process (as in not working on any of it) of vehicle development as he was for every car that bore his name. “He is more than a guy with his name on the car”, said Martindale. “ Carroll Shelby is our inspiration, he is our spiritual leader.” (So he had nothing to do with it).

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
LOL at anyone who thinks Shelby had actual engineering input into these cars LOL!!

No disrespect but all he did is cash the checks from ford using his name. He was about 30yrs removed from his actual career, didnt have a formal education or engineering degree and knew very little about modern day manufacturing.

Roush did way more actual engineering work on mid 2000s SVT products than they are given credit for.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
This sums all four pages up in two sentences.

You're talking about a car far and beyond what the S197 chassis cars were.
I meant mostly price. If you can easily afford the new one, why settle for used. And if you want an older gt500, a certain price wont affect you. It's like when the younger crowd starts to buy used performance vehicles after 5 or so years since the price drops so much.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
So.... you agree, he had nothing to do with these cars? That is basically the entire article, the car was "inspired by" and Shelby thought the car was really cool. Hell, I endorse the new Porsche 911 Turbo - doesn't mean I had anything to do with it.

Carroll Shelby raced at this track for years (40 years ago!) and was at the track on October 17th through October 19th (and he didn't even drive it in 2011!), 2011 for the three days of durability testing. He was also available for the whole process (as in not working on any of it) of vehicle development as he was for every car that bore his name. “He is more than a guy with his name on the car”, said Martindale. “ Carroll Shelby is our inspiration, he is our spiritual leader.” (So he had nothing to do with it).

no i do not agree that "he had nothing to do with these cars." - sorry but i read the words differently than you did. the article i read about strictly the 2013 model was that he was there for at least final testing, he was available throughout the whole process, etc. that to me means at least some involvement, albeit it was not quantified how much he was actually involved and in what capacities (probably same as always- consulting, testing, development, etc). i guarantee you that he had more involvement with these cars than you ever have had or will have with a 911, or any other Porsche for that matter, or yet alone any other car period. LOL (not that I know you well enough to know what you do offline, just my gut instinct and i'm busting your balls).

I am admittedly not in the know about his involvement, to be honest. but I can bet based on the books I have read about him that it surely was not that 'he had nothing to do with it.' YOU had nothing to do with it. and neither did I. LOL

now, what I am wondering is: what will people think about a 2019/2020 'Shelby' given that he definitely had nothing to do with it (nor the 350, 350R, etc.)? how will his name just being on the car affect pricing? will they jack the price up knowing that he no longer has anything to say about wanting it to be something that the average working guy can afford (not that the average working guy could afford the 2013/2014 models, the 350's, etc.)? will the price be jacked up BECAUSE it still has his name on it and play the 'tribute' game? who knows.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
LOL "I primarily wanted a car with good passing power to avoid having to wind a car out for safe two lane passes." Also, wants to trade for equally valued house???

edit: also, WTF w/ "Sling Rod" bumper sticker?

Ya, what kind of house costs $26k????? Yikes! I'd hate to see that house!

And I caught the bumper sticker too...no idea what it means. The whole ad made me LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread