how would you piece together a terminator drivetrain ?

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
to put into a classic stang ??

what would make the most sense and where to buy ?

new or good used parts is fine.

looking for complete engine assembly, T56, all electrical, and fuel everything to make it run.

Not opposed to pieceing it together, or buying a entire drivetrain.

should I look at the newer head version ? can't remember the thread count on the better heads.

what would you do ???

thanks

Last edited:

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Subscribing to this one. :pop:
Already got my supercharger/accessories. Engine's coming in tomorrow. Suspension/brakes came with the car.

Also check the classifieds here. There's more than enough parts to piece one together.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
not too many complete engines though

how can I locate a totaled 03-04 Corba ?

Last edited:

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
I would try to buy the major components whole if possible. Motor complete with harness, Trans complete etv.

You shaving the Shock Towers and doing full front suspension? If so post some pics here, I would like to check it out and likely other Cobra guys.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
not sure yet really. I know it can be done just want to get the parts together first. Kinda considered doing a Coyote motor set up too but I think I like this idea better.

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
You building that coup in your sig? My last Mustang was a 67 FB 351c Roller Motor and TKO 600, with Versaille swap and tons of other mods. A Terminator setup in one of those cars would be a dream. :)

21270230017_large.jpg

Last edited:

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
I can't remember the difference in th 03-04 motor and / or the different heads on these motors ? any help on which is better to buy and why ?

nooner

Established Member
Buying a donor car would be the best solution, but another option for used engines or engine/tranny combos is calling "Got Engines" at 1-877-268-0664. They have thousands of listings for used engines. This is the number some insurance companies use to determine estimates. I called it numerous times while battling the insurance company over replacement cost for my engine. Listings change daily so they may not have any used Terminator engines one day and a dozen the next. They won't be cheap though. Plan for $10-12k for complete engine and transmission combos. Complete used Terminator engines (w/o tranny) are more expensive then remanufactured long blocks!

89slowgt331

Established Member
I know the top company used to advertise in the mustang mag's, I would buy a whole wrecked car just watch around, if you want a powertrain now those are about what you expect to pay, A local guy had a high milage cobra and parted it out because he made more then he could have sold the car for, sad to see it happen.

Quick Strike

Established Member

The first one seems to be more complete (or at least a more complete listing). It also looks to have the original SC pulley and cover. It must have been in a front end collision as the heat exchanger picture hints at a less the storybook ending. The sesond one has a smaller pulley and it has been tampered with. That could be good or ...............

Last edited:

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
The first one seems to be more complete (or at least a more complete listing). It also looks to have the original SC pulley and cover. It must have been in a front end collision as the heat exchanger picture hints at a less the storybook ending. The sesond one has a smaller pulley and it has been tampered with. That could be good or ...............

that's kinda what I thought but I couldn't tell if it had the OEM blower pulley or not.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread