How would you react to this issue?

rcaldwell00

Established Member
I recently purchased a billetflow T/B from a fellow member on the board. I paid $500 used. When the T/B showed up, there was no plenum. Now the guy is telling me that no plenum was ever discussed. I assumed, wrongly I guess that the billetflow T/B came w/ the plenum new. He is saying just the T/B costs $599, it was my understanding that the plenum came with it. Any suggestions, maybe I am screwed but that doesn't seem right. What is just the T/B worth in your opinion?

Ryan

Last edited:

IOPNER

Black Crazy
Established Member
That really sucks. The 599 price INCLUDES the plenum. The TB by it self new, like the one they sell for the Lightning is 449 new. Give Doug @ Billetflow a call and see if he can get you just a plenum. But the guy that sold it to you should have told you that it didn't include the plenum

mosconiac

Established Member
I say get out your fluffiest, most plush pillow cause you're taking one up the backside.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
You got ripped. A used throttle body AND plenum should go for less than $500. Without the plenum I would have paid like $250 used. I'm buying an new one this weekend :) DOUG - do you have a garage? It's going to be storming this weekend.

Oh, real quick .. I am on the GP for the IRS brace, can I pick it up tomorrow as well if they are in?

Mike

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
sorry, OT

ya... you can pull in the back of the shop...

Also Livernois Motorsports is haveing an openhouse, a few MCT members will be attending as will I

They are only about 5 miles from the shop would you like to go?

ALA G8R

Banned
I think you ought to publically call out this pond scum on the forum for knowingly ripping off a fellow member!

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by ALA G8R
I think you ought to publically call out this pond scum on the forum for knowingly ripping off a fellow member!

Agreed!

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
OT Okay ... won't make that meet - I have to get to Windsor to spend the weekend with my girlfriend

Mike

Originally posted by dougwg
sorry, OT

ya... you can pull in the back of the shop...

Also Livernois Motorsports is haveing an openhouse, a few MCT members will be attending as will I

They are only about 5 miles from the shop would you like to go?

rcaldwell00

Established Member
I'm giving the guy a chance to make it right. Either send me back an appropriate amount of money to buy the plenum or refund the whole thing and I'll send him back the T/B if he decides not to, I will call him out as I have talked to Doug and as always, he gave me great info! Hopefully he reads this thread.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You definitely got ripped off because the plenum comes with the TB as a set. Call it a matched set if you want, because it is my understanding that the aftermarket plenum flows more air than the stock piece. Is that correct Doug?

Regardless, unless he specifically stated up front that the plenum wasn't included, you got ripped yoff.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by rcaldwell00
I'm giving the guy a chance to make it right. Either send me back an appropriate amount of money to buy the plenum or refund the whole thing and I'll send him back the T/B if he decides not to, I will call him out as I have talked to Doug and as always, he gave me great info! Hopefully he reads this thread.
I would PM him and direct him to it. JMO.

ALA G8R

Banned
I have bought several used items off of the Market. Each transaction I have done without worry that the other party was trying to screw me. Each transaction has been a pleasure.

It's the ones like this one that screws it for the rest of us. I say he/she makes it right or they get banned from the forum. JMO

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Sounds like BS to me. There's no way a new throttle body by itself would cost you $500, let alone a used one. Get your money back and take it as a lesson to always read everything carefully and ask questions. Never take anything for granted. I mean, that's like someone selling a car and then saying that no where did he/she ever say that it had an engine.

Hopefully, the seller will make things right, but shame on them anyways for doing it in the first place.

rcaldwell00

Established Member
Cobra Bob, pm'd him. I'm waiting to see what he does. No word yet, he has until tomorrow than I'll chalk him up to a scammer.

Users who are viewing this thread