HP gains from OR X/H pipe with VMP stage 2

scotmach

Established Member
The cats are easily the most restrictive part of the exhaust. There are gains to be had ditching them whether your N/A or F/I.

Vert

Established Member
Maybe I need to do a dyno run before and after the install to see what the gains will be with O/R. Not expecting miracles, but I would be happy with 15-20 rwhp gain.

5.0jake

Established Member
From my personal experience judging by the ole SOTP:

ORX= definite immediate gain throughout powerband that exceeded expectation
Gears (3.31 to 3.73)= could't really feel a difference, more shifting and whine noise introduced
Tuned CAI= negligible power difference, sounded cool
Tune- Definite power gains everywhere but not as much as anticipated (I've tried most of the big name tunes)

nxhappy

Established Member
Maybe I need to do a dyno run before and after the install to see what the gains will be with O/R. Not expecting miracles, but I would be happy with 15-20 rwhp gain.

15whp is realistic, from what I have read . IMO less boost is less stress on the motor plus you are freeing up the flow of the system. Nice sound + 15whp .....hell ya it's worth it !

vortecd

Established Member
I was told 15hp. I have some cat deletes I'm going to try and it will be the only change so I will see what it picks up at the track. I may go back to the stock mufflers if my Roush mufflers are too loud with them. I have some other parts to test before this one

Vert

Established Member
I was told 15hp. I have some cat deletes I'm going to try and it will be the only change so I will see what it picks up at the track. I may go back to the stock mufflers if my Roush mufflers are too loud with them. I have some other parts to test before this one
Let me know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread